What's new

Who needs a Wonka when there is a Buffy! (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Whether you like it or not, as long as you give it a shot, that's cool :) I've been trying to get my boss to watch it for ages but she stubbornly refuses because she can't conceive that a show called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" could be anything other than crap. Oh well...her loss :)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
It definitely is hard to convince people that a show titled "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" is worth watching. It took me two years to convince one of my friends to give it a shot. He was hooked after a few episodes and is now almost as big a fan as I am.
I started watching it when the show first aired, but after about four episodes I decided that I did not like it. I blew it off and then started hearing that it was a great show. I did not believe it at first but eventually a friend I trusted asked me to take a leap of faith and give it another shot.
I can't even express how glad I am that I did. I managed to watch the second season and by about mid-season I was forever hooked. I have been watching TV for a very long time and I can't remember the last time I was surprised by anything. Season 2 of Buffy managed to surprise me on a number of occasions. I won't mention any specifics, just that I was so impressed by how everything was handled that I just had to see what happened next.
The combination of drama, comedy, and action is very satisfying for me. Buffy takes place in a fantasy setting, if that does not bother you then there is lots to love. I love the wisecracks, the zings, and the witty retorts. The characters have personalities that grow as time passes and are changed by various experiences.
I think one of Buffy's strengths are it's villains. Buffy's format is to have a "Big Bad" evil that needs to be overcome each season. This allows for great season long story arc's that allow time for the bad guys to really develop into characters. I don't have the skill to describe how cool this is.
I could go on and on about why Buffy is my favorite show on TV. I just want to add my voice to the choir and suggest that you give Buffy a shot and stick through the first season, after which the show really finds it's legs.
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks