Who makes the best DVD players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonWaddington, Aug 29, 2002.

1. JasonWaddington

JasonWaddington Stunt Coordinator

and is it important to have one that matches your tv? receiver? or do they all pretty much do exactly the same thing and reliability is the only issue? i want to make sure I have a dvd player that would best match my 32" toshiba and a HK AVR520 amp.

2. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

This should actually go in another section but I shall answer anyways [​IMG] Well there are many companies that make fine DVD players. Panasonic, Toshiba, Denon, Pioneer, etc... It depends what price you are willing to pay and what features you want. If your TV is not HD ready then you may want to look at a non progressive model, or you might want to get one for the future. Will this player also be your cd player? Are you interested in DVD-audio? We need a little more info before we could recommend specific models. The first thing is to set a price that you would be willing to spend. Then decide if you want a progressive model, DVD-audio, HDCD, etc... Hope this helps out.

3. JasonWaddington

JasonWaddington Stunt Coordinator

I am willing to spend around 2-300. i am very concerned about the sound quality, and i am very interested in hdcd and dvd audio. Perhaps I could go with a high quality dvd player like a marantz and just not get a separate cd player. Also, does it matter if the cd player has an optical output, or would coaxial be just as good?

4. Joe_B_M

Joe_B_M Extra

The Panasonic RP-82 is definitely one of the best right now. It plays, DVD-Audio, MP3, WMA, DVD-R, and is progressive scan. It puts out a great picture as well. It can be found for around $215.

5. Jalil

Jalil Stunt Coordinator

and to think, i spent $1,000 on my first dvd player.. hehe..