Who makes better chicken than Boston Market?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott L, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I wanna try it. [​IMG]

2. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

There's a place in Alexandria, VA (I see you are in NOVA) called "Chicken Out" that is most certainly better than Boston Market.

Are there still Boston Markets out there? All of them in my area (Richmond, VA) closed down about seven or eight years ago.

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

There are many, many non-chain places with very much better chicken. Of the scores of places with better chicken in Dallas, I recommend Bubba's in University Park, just across from SMU

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

How about Zenders or Bavarian Inn (same owners) in Frankenmuth, MI? People have been coming to those restaurants from all over the region for their chicken dinners for generations.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I went to their website to look at locations, just because I've lived in Boston for six years and don't recall ever seeing one. Apparently they do, or the site is really out of date.

6. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

There's a Boston Market a few miles up the street from me. I stop by there every now and then because the service is fast and it seems like a real meal, not fast food crap.

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Yea really, I've been to Chicken Out before and wasn't impressed. The service was no good and the chicken was dryer than BM's. I'll try a different one next time.

8. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

"......it was Frankenmuth." [​IMG]

There is a restaurant in St. Louis called Hodak's that IMHO has the best chicken I have ever had, positively my favorite, love their slaw as well.
    It is quite popular as well, this link states that they go through 9000 pounds of chicken a week!

9. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

Its pretty good too, for a chain. The NY Times said they use organic chickens.

10. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    boston market's chicken is pretty good for a chain, imo. but their gravy...i dont know what it is, but i'm absolutely nuts about their gravy. anyone know what they are doing that i'm not? it has to be some sort of spice or seasoning. it's the main reason i keep returning to their stores.

CJ

11. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Zender's!!!!!!!!!!! man, I haven't been there in 20 years,but I do remember them having some fantastic chicken !!!! There are signs along the highway probably a 100 miles from the restaurant advertising their chicken[​IMG]I still enjoy KFC when I'm up for some chicken here.

12. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Funny - I just had Boston Market today for lunch. I love the creamy spinich!

13. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

Kookooroo has pretty good chicken. The one in Burbank closed, but Fuddrucker's opened a Kookooroo in their restaurant.

Edit to add: Oops. Looks like they're only in Southern California!

14. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I went to a supermarket down the street one day for its baked deli chicken. I think it was the combination of my craving and the chicken being just out of the oven, but it had been a long time since I'd had chicken that tasty. I've kind of been avoiding going back because I'm afraid of getting disappointed.

15. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

Dammit, Pamela, you beat me to it! As one of those Asians with super high metabolisms, I love to eat and keep lots of mental notes on places that stick out or strike me as "must-visits" when traveling. I recall an 'all-chicken' week in LA, and 3 of the days consisted of KooKooRoo's, Pollo Inka, then Versaille's for Cuban Chicken... (where's the emote for drool then pass out)

Scott, surprised you're in Nova and not familiar some of the best Peruvian chicken in our area at Pollos Inka (not sure if there's any connection to the one in Cali). Personally, I think it's not quite as good, but that's nothing against it since it's fantastic stuff. Pollos Inka is in Herdon off of Elden St. Another place I love is Crisp and Juicy (once again, Peruvian style chicken). For whatever reason though, In my opinion with this chain, the one located in Rockville, MD, seems to be much better than the ones in Rockville off the Pike and in Falls Church, VA off Leesburg Pike.

Sad, I read yet don't post for 2-3 months, until a food thread starts. =)

16. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

17. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

You guys are killing me, as there isn't a Boston Market within a 200-mile radius of here - although we're heading to Indy tomorrow, so that'll be the first stop once we arrive in town...

18. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

If you're in the Los Angeles area: Zankou