Who makes a killer 10" driver?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TerryC, Oct 20, 2001.

1. TerryC

TerryC Stunt Coordinator

I need one for my new Yukon truck. Want to stay with DIY drivers vs. car drivers because of the cost savings. Thanks for the help!

2. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

How about the blueprint 1001, $69? I haven't used one, but looks good on specs and their other stuff seems good.
    BB

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Audiomobile(home of the mass) just had a 10" driver reviewed by Nousaine...he said it was the best 10 he's seen(paraphrasing).
    I think it's about $129,
    TV

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Terry,
    Not sure how it stacks up against the MASS 10, but ACI's SV10 would work pretty well, I'd think. I'm currently building a 1.5ft^3 sealed enclosure for a friend. I hope to be finished in a week or so. I'm just about ready to prime and paint the enclosure.
    Anyway, the driver has a 16mm Xmax and costs $119.
    Brian
    ------------------

5. Chris_Brunhaver

Acutally the Audiomobile Mass 2010 is $279. They do have a 15% off sale right now though. That price get you a lot compared to many other autosound woofers in that price range but is still quite expensive. The price is somewhat justified as this driver has a high tech underhung motor with copper faraday ring, dual spiders and a C-CAM (ceramic magnesium and aluminum) cone. I have a couple of drivers similar to the blueprint 10's (same manufacturer) heading my direction this week, so I'll let you know how they work out.
    -Chris

6. Chris_Brunhaver

I would also check out the partsexpress.com dayton titanic and DVC woofers. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...=7764&CATID=49
    The blueprint 1201 actaully looks much better for autosound than the 1001. It looks awesome in ~1.25 cubic foot sealed box. Yeah, the SV10 looks great too.
    -Chris

7. Nathan Crowell

Nathan Crowell Auditioning

Audiomobile makes some pretty impressive lower end drivers as well; you might chekc those out. I've heard good things about the Adire Shiva in the HT realm, not sure about car, but you might look.

8. TerryC

TerryC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info guys! I guess I was a little premature on this, I thought the built in enclosure could fit a 10" but it can't its only a 8" one. [​IMG]
    Even though this is my wifes truck I'm going to do it all out Pro Athelete/Rock-Star style(20" wheels, dark tint and killer stereo). Since I'll need to add my own enclosure I think I'll just go the 12" driver route or maybe even 15". [​IMG]
    BTW-Tom how's everything going? I take it you have quit your old line of work long ago and devoting 100% of yourself into SVS?
    PS-Chris, I think Tom was talking about the EVO line with the 15% off I think that would have been my choice since it was reviewed and liked by such a repected person.
    [Edited last by TerryC on October 21, 2001 at 03:48 AM]