What's new

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS! DVD? (1 Viewer)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
You heard me!
One of the ... downfalls? advantages? ... to having a 4 year old son is that you often becoming addicted to children's television shows. I find myself watching Spongebob Squarepants and Arthur even when my son isn't around. :)
You have to wonder if there are more adults or children watching these shows. My wife's best friend (24 years old) is actually the one who got my son interested in Spongebob. She [wife's best friend] is a Spongebob addict. Her apartment is covered in Spongebob items.
ANYWAY, has anyone heard of a possible DVD release? I would be a blast to own all the shows on DVD.
Thanks.
------------------
David W. Anderson - [email protected]
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've heard this is a really bizarre show but I've never caught it myself.
Any truth to what I've heard?
------------------
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=8

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
As the proud father of a 3 year old daughter, I can tell you first hand that my wife, my daughter, and myself enjoy Spongebob immensly!
Spongebob rules, and I would love to own Spongebob on DVD!!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"
[Edited last by Sean Conklin on November 03, 2001 at 01:08 AM]

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
"Spongebob mi boy!"
I must admit I enjoy watching SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
My supervisor at my job got me into this show!
My son watches it with me, not me with him...pathetic, huh? :)
It's a pretty funny show.
I like that one episode where spongebob went to visit the beaver character in her air contained home...talk about hilarious!
Spongebob gasping for water:
"I don't need it...I don't need it...I don't need it...I NEED IT!!"
laugh.gif

------------------
LuvLBX

Steve Tull

Auditioning
Just recently returned from a vacation in USA and the whole family is now addicted to Spongebob.
I think it is an absolutely brilliant show.

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
SPONGEBOB RULES!! I like it more than my kids I think. I would definitly be interested if someone knows of some sort of release for this!!
ARE YOU READY KIDS?? AYE AYE CAPTAIN!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Matt
------------------
NO OAR...NO SALE/NO RENTAL!

Robert Lenarcik

Auditioning
This show absolutely ROCKS! I've been hooked since the very first episode aired. The show has had me in tears laughing. My kids are hooked too. I have a DirecTivo receiver and I record every show so they can see whenever they want (which is all the time). They want to watch it more than any other show. I can watch some episodes over and over again.
SBSP has the elements that made Warner Bros. Looney Tunes so successful: humor that plays at many levels and great characters (Mr. Krabs, Plankton, Patrick, Squidward, Mrs. Puff, Sandy Squirrel, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, the extras)
I would buy it on DVD without question.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
In the words of the great Mr. Crabs
"Money, Money, Money!"
This is what I would be shelling out if this show was released on dvd. Season-by-season of course. No I am not a parent I am only 16 and I think this show rules. Peace
------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I'm surprised at the lack of GOOD Spongebob websites on the net. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.
I've been saving specific episodes on my TiVo and I just burned my first SB DVD. I'm working on my second. I'm trying to find an episode guide and have come up empty. How many episodes were there? At 12 minutes each, I can see a box of every episode. Judging by the copyright dates, I don't even think new ones are being made anymore.
My first DVD consists of "Help Wanted", "Reef Blower", "Tea at the Treedome", "Rock Bottom", "Pressue", and "The Fry Cook Games". DVD 2 will have "Jellyfishing", "Plankton", "Texas", "Pre-hibernation Week", and "Walking Small". I think I've seen all the episodes and the ones I listed are the ones I really want to keep, until a real box set comes out.
I love this show.
"I thought that meant you were nuts".
Mike

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I have catched a few episodes of SBSP and I LOVED IT
Children's TV shows are pure entertainment
Regards,
Ricky

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It will be too bad if they dump their animation studio. "Hey Arnold" was one of their better ones. The "Thanksgiving episode" of "Hey Arnold" was pretty cynical...for the most part. I have seen a few episodes and I think the writing wasn't too bad. I have watched some "Spongebob" eps. but I just cannot get in to that series.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I am not surprised that so many people here like SpongeBob SquarePants...
Believe it or not, this show is the second highest rated cable television show!
My two year old loves it. I also enjoy it quite a bit!
Surprised to hear they may not make more episodes considering how good its ratings are!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Mike,
Here's the episode guide from EPGuides.com
http://www.epguides.com/SpongeBobSquarePants/

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Dave: As stated in the post I quoted, the very reliable Jerry Beck was the source for the information. It was a news item, not a random post on the forum there. His original message is still up at http://www.cartoonresearch.com/comments.html , under the 9/26 entry.
Supposedly Steve Hillenburg wants to take a break from animation, and he doesn't want another team taking over the reins.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Dave, thanks for posting that picture. I had no idea what this program was, but I recognize the character from channel surfing the other day and just realized I've actually seen an episode, though I missed the credits and thus didn't know what the heck I was watching! Weird. I'll have to check in on Nick again now that I know what to look for.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Alex S

Second Unit
I love Sponge Bob.
I watch it with my 2 kids.
A lot of the humor goes over their heads.
It has a great cast of characters, Patrick, Squidward, Mr Krab, Gary, Sandy...
cast.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks