1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Who knows about outdoor train set?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luc, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

I'm planning on having an outdoor train set but don't know much about it at this point . Does anyone have good and bad experiences or hits and misses that they like to share?
    I have set aside my side yard for it. It's 8ft by up to 70ft. Because I haven't look too much into it yet, I don't know if I will use the whole area. I also don't know what my budget will be or how much everything will cost. I plan to build it slowly of course to cut down spending too much at once. What I have in mind is to build some of the mountains, tunnels, ect myself to save cost.
    Share what you know [​IMG].

2. Ron Etaylor

Ron Etaylor Second Unit

Don't know anything about them except they are pretty damn cool. There must be hundreds of sites and forums for model railroaders. You might search for a photo of the outdoor railroad in Epcot at Walt Disney World in Florida. Awesome.

3. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

LGB is THE brand in this market. These German-made trains are the best G-scale models out there. The only problem is that an awful lot of their product line is very European-looking.

They call these outdoor train setups "Garden Railways."

Matt

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter