What's new

who is robert blake? (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I think what is truly said is the the kids from Our Gang must have been the Diff'rent Strokes of the 20's and 30's.

It is a shame that there were that many lives from that group of people that have had tragic turn-a-bouts.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Dave just throw an "allegedly" after the murder/killer word and you are home free.
Robert Blake was that guy who had the balls to kill(allegedly) his wife in a restraunt parking lot....... freak :
;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
www.imdb.com
was created for such questions.
Patrick, I was just going to suggest the same thing:
RTFIMDb! Translated: Reference the fine Internet Movie Database! ;)
. . .
BTW, at the risk of swerving into politics here (and, my interest level is to the point that this will be my only comment, and I won't be responding), I don't see the problem with Dave's comment. In the USA, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That doesn't mean the public--as long as they aren't on the jury--can't hold any opinion on the matter they want. Espousing said view might get you sued for slander, but I for one am not going to bury my own opinions until the jury speaks.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
In the USA, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That doesn't mean the public--as long as they aren't on the jury--can't hold any opinion on the matter they want. Espousing said view might get you sued for slander, but I for one am not going to bury my own opinions until the jury speaks.
And you're aware that juries are made up of average citizens, aren't you? In other words, the jury is the public.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I always found it suspicious that he went back to the restaurant to get a GUN that he left behind. How the hell do you leave something like that behind?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Apparently Robert felt that he "COULD do the time".
:laugh: :laugh:
I am so pleased with that reference right now. :D

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
ok everyone I APOLOGIZE.... I never meant to make any waves... just giving my opinion... and yes Robert Blake allegedly is a loser who had to kill his wife... the woman that he was supposed to love.... So I am sorry for anyone I offended :) by the way im only 22 I remember beretta but was he really a good actor?? :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, I'd say Blake is going up the river with as long as the cops spent on this investigation before bringing him in. That seems to indicate that they have a good case against him.

We will see, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now, even if he is innocent. The story doesn't sound good for his case.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
A minor point to be sure, but in regards to Blake's part in the OUR GANG/LITTLE RASCALS legacy, as a kid he came into the series pretty late in the game when the series had long since peaked. Towards the end of the series, its production went from the Hal Roach lot to MGM, and for the most part the whole tone of the series became more preachy and patronizing. Blake can't exactly be considered part of the core legacy as some sort of quaint irony.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I am moving this to after hours since it is not really focusing on an particular movie but the man. It still may be closed by another admin because there is already a thread there.

My two cents... I believe the marriage was not a happy one from the beginning. If I recall right there was a rumor about how she forced him to marry her by getting pregnant. He always loved the kid but never her. Someone else may have more info on this.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hendrik, thanks for bringing up Electra Glide in Blue - great movie! Now where's the dvd? :)
This whole affair makes me sad as Blake always seemed like an affable guy. I hate to see things going this badly for him. What a shame...

Ike

Screenwriter
Was he a good actor? He wasn't Robert DeNiro or anything, but he was very good in Lost Highway...a movie about someone who may have killed his wife. :eek:

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Right after the murder, one of the news shows ran a story on Blake & his wife, which oddly enough, they had been producing for a few weeks before the murder occurred. From what I remember, she came off as a real nutcase. Despite being "married," I don't believe they even lived with each other, although they would see each other fairly regularly. In an interview done after the murder for the piece, one of her brothers stated that she'd been saying for years that Blake was going to murder her. It was then revealed that she claimed the same thing in just about every relationship she'd ever been in--which says to me she was either truly crazy, or just the type of person everyone wants to kill sooner or later. The first half of the story definitely had a Blake bias, but the second half pretty much skewered him by focusing on some of the nuttier things he had done in his personal life (I believe one was claiming that he knew people who would be willing to kill someone for money), his odd behavior at the time of the murder, and the fact that he was a gun nut with a large collection, many of which were untraceable.

The impression I got at the time, which has since clouded and tainted my opinion of the case, is that he very well may have hired someone to do the killing, and came up with the "brilliant" alibi of returning to the restaurant for his gun while the murder occurred. When you think about it, though, there is a certain logic to having that as your alibi. If you're truly guilty, would you be so stupid as to claim that you were looking for your gun at the time of the murder?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
on a strange coincedence note on thursday's conan obrien show he made reference to "in cold blood" and on an ep of hollywood sqaures from the origional rebroadcasts on game show net one of the questions was also a reference to blake and that movie. well it seemed interesting to me amyway. :)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I was never a Blake fan and never watched Beretta, but one of the funniest things I saw Johnny Carson do on the Tonight Show was making fun of Robert Blake. Blake would come on occasionally and bitch about his studio, or some executive who was giving him a hard time. I think Johnny called him one this one night and when blake continued with his pitty party and told Johnny how easy it was to be the host. Johnny had enough and said something like "oh you think this easy with some of the guests I get?" He then mussed up his hair, stuck two cigarettes in his ears, pulled out his shirt and walked over to the couch and sent Blake behind the desk. Johnny then started to parody some of his intellectually challenged guests and busted out with a couple of burps. Blake, Ed and the audience all came unglued. Johnny could put up with a lot, but it didn't take too much bull crap to set him off. Usually with some of his best put downs.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
His recent troubles aside, Robert Blake was a good actor. If you go back and read the reviews of his films when they came out, he was highly regarded as an actor. His performance in In Cold Blood is still fantastic. Electra Glide in Blue was one of the best of the early-70's psuedo-independent films (it shows up on Showtime quite often in letterboxed). He also played Jimmy Hoffa in a made for TV film back in the 1980's that got very good notice. My favorite Blake film is Busting (with Elliot Gould) one of the first buddy cop films. It's very gritty in a Dirty Harry kind of way (I have a Japanese laser disc. I don't think it's ever been on video in the states).

He should have never done Barretta. He was at his peak creatively when he signed up for it. It would be like if Robert De Niro had signed up to do a TV show after he was in Mean Streets. Blake hated the show and couldn't get out of his contract. He found that since he was now a TV Star, he couldn't get the film rolls he used to get. I think this was the beggining of his problems.

Personally I'm sad this is happening. I want to beleive he's innocent, but I wanted OJ to be innocent too.

Robert Downey Jr. should play Blake in the movie.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Again I ask, how can one forget his/her GUN???
Maybe he was too preoccupied with his brass knuckles.:laugh:
Wasn't Blake also in "Money Train" as Snipes/Harrelson's boss? I think it was right after his botched facelift (that left him looking like a lizard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks