Who is responsible?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Adrian P, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Adrian P

Adrian P Stunt Coordinator

Posted this in another forum but thought I would try here too...

Many months ago, I purchased my Paradigm speakers at a local A/V store. I also purchased speaker stands for my Studio 20's at that time. While I loaded the stands in my car, the salesman noticed the bottom of one of the stands had been repaired before (obviously used). After he pointed this out to me, he offered a discount on them or I could get new ones, after looking at it, I thought it was sturdy so I kept it.

Well... The bottom of the stand snapped today, speaker fell, and now it is cracked, scuffed up, and the grill is messed up as well. I tried to speak to the owner today but he was out so I will try tomorrow.

My question is... Is the dealer responsible for replacing the stand and the speaker? Do stands have warranties and if so, would this situation apply?

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I hope not to upset you, but I'd say it will probably fall on you. Had the salesman mentioned it but not offered to discount or anything it may be a different story, but you knew the risk and unfortunately it backfired. I'm very sorry for your loss. If you have a very friendly dealer who is very interested in keeping your business he'll probably work with you a little, but I can't imagine you'll get too much out of him.

Sorry again, and I hope things work out for the best.