What's new

Who is planning to get/have all four next-gen systems? (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
There :)
Hopefully this topic will be flame - free.
I don't know if I would call myself a "hardcore" gamer. I just hate that term. But...I love Videogames. They have always been a big part of my life and probably always will be. I own almost all the major systems that have been released here - and so...
I bought a Dreamcast at launch,and that was the first 128-bit console. Therefore, I consider it a next-gen system. I also bought a PS2 at launch. I've been happy with what I have gotten out of them so far. (Though the PS2 only lately has had some A+ games).
I have stated before that I'm buying a Gamecube at launch. I love Star Wars, and finally being able to Play the movie like I've always dreamed is enough for me to warrant buying that system. ( Of course, all the other cool upcoming games don't hurt either
biggrin.gif
)
With that purchase, & all the cool DVD's coming this holiday season, unless I come into some money, I won't be getting the X-Box at its launch. But...I have every intention of buying one once I have the extra cash for it. Simply because I believe that it will have good games that I'll like.
Games that will be only available for thatOne particular system...just as you can only get certain games on the other three.
So, I'd like to know if any of my fellow HTF gamers out there look at this the way I do, and just have all the systems.
Watching where this goes should be interesting...
:)
------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Perhaps eventually...
I have the DC, PS2, and will be picking up a XBOX in November. I'm holding out on the GC. The launch games do not interest me and I'm really disappointed with the turn the Metroid and Zelda series have taken...but perhaps down the road.
Aaron

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Here!
I have a DC and a PS2, planning on a GCN at launch (provided I can get one without standing in a line overnight like a loser) and an XBox after Christmas...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I didn't ever pick up a DC, but will probably have all three of the others by summer 2002. There's just too many games this generation to ignore ANY of these machines.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Yeah, by the year's end, I'll have all four of the next-generation systems:
Sony PlayStation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
And no, I'm not forgetting one. . .
wink.gif

-mwb-
------------------
Obi-Wan (to Anakin):
Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
May 22, 2002

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm more of a hard core Final Fantasy gamer. I'm waiting to buy my PS2 until FFX is released for it, at which point I'll also pick up GTA3. Waiting to pick up a GameCube until the Zelda and Metroid games are available for it. And I'll pick up a X-Box only if somethnig appeals to me. I'd rather not buy the system and then be dissapointed that nothing decent ever came out for it.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Frederick

Second Unit
Definately. I already have the Dreamcast and a PS2. The `cube and the `box already have a space reserved on my shelf ...
Freddy
------------------
" ... Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much ..."

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I, too, am a hardcore FF gamer, which is one of the big reasons I have a PS2 (Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Soul Reaver 2, ICO, Blood Omen 2, Gran Turismo 3, etc. are the other big reasons). I have a PSX, N64, SNES, and DC in my bedroom on a crappy 13" TV from the 80s, my PS2 in the Home Theater (Scooter Jolley's my dad, so its his basement HT setup), and the GCN and XB will probably end up in the living room. I plan on getting a GCN by December, so I'm waiting a little after the launch so I can walk into a store and get on rather than wait in line overnight, and I will get an X-Box hopefully by Christmas or at least by February.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Well, I've sold my DC already. I don't know how many of the systems I will be purchasing this generation. I think the PS2 is a must at this point. The PS2/GT3 bundle winks at me every time walk by it in the stores. I may wait for price drops to help ease the financial burden.
I think I will be doing more renting, rather than buying, this time around. The games are just too pricey for a poor guy likey myself!
frown.gif

-Dan
needs to play Mario on the Gamecube soon, or will die

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yep surely will be getting all of em, they are like Pokemon to me, Gotta Catch 'Em All! So far I must say that the US launch of the Xbox looks like a piece of crap outside of Project Gotham and Dead or Alive 3(HALO should have stayed on the PC and Mac). But the Jap launch looks just so sweet, Jet Grind Radio Future and Gunvalkyre are enough to warrant me purchasing at the time of their release, also I have held the American controller and I will for sure be importing a couple of the Jap version.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I waited overnight for 14 hours to get the PS2 on launch. I plan on doing the same for the Gamecube, and maybe the Xbox. I don't have a DC and I'll probably pick one up if I see it for cheap cheap cheap on ebay.
Joel- I don't consider myself a loser. Just a college student who has some free time on his hands once in a while & can afford to miss a class or two. *remember Scott, no flaming...* :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
One thing I'm happy about is that Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 are coming out in America first. This is a big reason for me to be happy that I own one.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I had my Dreamcast and PS2 before launch and I fully expect to have an Xbox and Gamecube as much as a week prior to launch.
Now I need a new receiver...my HK only has 3 component video ins!!
Anyone know of an inexpensive component video switchbox?

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I'll be one of those. Got a Dreamcast, an N64 and a PS2 sitting in one of my two a/v racks now. I've been scrimping and saving a wad of dough out of every paycheck for months to prepare for the next wave. (That tax refund sure came in handy.)
So, come SAT I'll preorder my Xbox with the extra controller, DVD remote, and hi-def a/v pack, and then I'll preorder my Gamecube as soon as I can. (By the way, I still think you'll be able to preorder Gamecube.
It's just that Nintendo isn't giving dealers incentives to bundle console with first-party games and accessories, like MS.)
Oh, and I can't forget that network adapter/hard drive for PS2, or the Outlaw 950 preamp I'll need to play my new games in Pro Logic II and to switch that component-video signal to my TV. November's going to be an expensive month. Might have to go without food for a while to pay for it all. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks