What's new

Who is picking up Rainbow Six 3? (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I played Quake/2/3 Unreal/Tournament and other games on the PC for years. Had a clan. Played every day.

When getting the XBox, I missed the mouse. Missed the resolution.

But I recently tried to 'go back' to the PC with UT2K3 and Halo(PC).

You know what? I think the quality of online play is higher on the XBox. It has a good diverse selection of games, most forms of cheating are practically non-existent (with the rare others being countered by the publishers), and the friends list and near-standard headset functionality is unmatched.

I can live without the mouse and resolution.

I just got Rainbow Six 3, hopefully I'll be online with it soon.

ps Consoles should not play online with PCs. A good developer will tailor the levels and features to match the target platform...especially the control scheme. Try to release an identical game for both and compromises will be made. I say give everybody the best game for their platform and then keep them separated. Besides, a good mouse player will destroy a good gamepad player. Faster, but less realistic, targeting, you know?

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Just rented this last night. Does anyone else find the controls a little 'heavy' or 'sticky'? It seems like the game won't register small movements of the joysticks, there is an initial 'dead area' before the joystick's motion will be detected. And then if your sensitivity is turned up high, you'll move very quickly. Also, small diagonal movements seem to be detected as either horizontal or vertical.

I'm coming to this after several months of non-stop RtCW. I understand that this game isn't the twitchy shooter that RtCW is. And I don't mind some of it - the fact that you can't jump or run really fast, the fact that moving feels like you're carrying a heavy load. But I don't like the fact that I can't aim with the same accuracy as in RtCW. I dunno, maybe I just have a faulty controller, but I haven't felt this in any other games.

So... does anyone else have a similar experience?

JayV

Supporting Actor
Go to your input options and increase the sensitivity. They were too "heavy" for me as well before I changed them.

Try 4 or 5.

-j

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I tried everything from 5 all the way to 10. It didn't make a difference to that initial 'dead zone', but changed the sensitivity for larger joystick movements. This actually made it even harder to control. I think I have it set to 7 now. I agree, the default sensitivity is too low, but for me, changing sensitivity didn't affect the 'dead zone' I experienced.

JayV

Supporting Actor
I think I know what you mean -- dead zone is an apt description. I've set mine for 4 and I'm going to give 5 or 6 a try.

-j

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
I agree... as much as mods seem cool on the PC, connectivity, lag, cheating, drivers, and all that makes the PC less user friendly.

Pumping a ton of funds into a gaming PC doesn't make a lot of sense to me anymore either. Functionally, I get a lot more use out of a 51" WS with a Surround System.

Also allows others to sit in instead of peering over your shoulder.

Who sets up the server for HTF members on RB6 3... and how do you get the message out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks