What's new

Who is picking up Rainbow Six 3? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
Bruce, I'm fire walled at work. please provide a few details from the IGN review.
Here are the closing comments from the review: (they gave it a score of 9.3)

Rainbow Six 3 is an extremely fun game that takes the basics gameplay of Ghost Recon that had everybody hooked last year and dresses it up with prettier graphics and lots of extra functionality. The co-operative gameplay options are outstanding and set the bar quite high for every online shooter on the way to Xbox including the might Halo 2. I enjoyed RS3 for hours at a time even though on the surface it just looks like a stripped down version of the PC game that came out months ago. But the game just keeps drawing you in with one feature or another until you're completely under its spell. As soon as you bored with giving voice commands to AI, you can hop online and play cooperatively. When you don't want to be friendly anymore you can stay online and cap anybody that's not you. When you're sick of that, you can go back to the solo offline game and perfect your command skills. You're first person shooting the whole time but you're loving it in different ways as often as you like. Relationships with real people should be that way, not videogames.

This is one of the top Xbox Live games of 2003. Even if you have Return to Castle Wolfenstein in hot rotation, clear some space on your calendar and in your library for Rainbow Six 3.

David Glenn

Second Unit
How many people can play co-op or multi-player on one xbox at a time?
Ben,

There are 5 different multiplayer games types:

(2) Cooperative (Mission & Terrorist Hunt)
(3) Adversarial (Survival, Team Survival, and Sharpshooter)

System links allows you to play on two or more consoles.

Cooperative modes support up to 4 players while Adversarial modes support up to 16 players.

HalRoth

Agent
I get me a free copy, although who knows when it shows up, but my amped 2 and top spin are supposed to show up today.

Frederick

Second Unit
Gamestop has them in. Mine is sitting next to me on my desk. On the back of the box, Official XBox Magazine is quoted as saying "... Absolutely gorgeous and the XBox Live action is some of the most intense you'll ever play". Not that any of us needed the extra incentive ;) ...

Freddy C.

David_Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Actually it doesn't. For the reasons Romier mentioned AND the fact that playing on XBOX LIVE is a much better experience than playing a PC game online for games like this due largely in part to voice communication.
Well,i play Raven Shield pc everyday and we use a voice program called Ventrilo,so thats not true.

Ventrilo,imo,is much clearer then xbox live and can be used with any pc game.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
guys ill be hosting some R6 group play tonight around 10 PM EST . If you want in send me a friend invite by then and ill invite ya

capt

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
Ben,

There are 5 different multiplayer games types:

(2) Cooperative (Mission & Terrorist Hunt)
(3) Adversarial (Survival, Team Survival, and Sharpshooter)

System links allows you to play on two or more consoles.

Cooperative modes support up to 4 players while Adversarial modes support up to 16 players.
I understand the different modes but in the past Rainbow Six games have stated 4 people on one box but in reality you could only play 2 or one person on each box but system link to get four. So what I want to know is how many people can play on one box each multiplayer game. Can you get four people on one box like halos multiplayer games?

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
Initial impressions:
Was only able to play for about 20 minutes last night but I think its a must have for the Xbox library. I believe its a big step forward from Ghost Recon. I think its going to take me a while to figure out what the best weapon to use is because each one has its pluses and drawbacks. Its a little tedious to switch to throw a grenade I believe. I only played Sharpshooter mode because of respawns because I suck so bad I didnt want to die immediately and sit around to watch the rest of the match be played out. I also loved the support of a map already being available to download.
Anyway, so far so good. This game may actually make me put down the ESPN football for a while.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I share the sentiments that this is a must have, and that switching to grenades is not as easy as I would like. I played single player for a couple hours, then got an invite from Dolemite to play online (I like how you're automatically signed in!).

We played the Alacatraz level cooperatively, and though it took us many tries, we finally got through it, just the 2 of us. Very fun.

I seriously recommend this for anyone who liked SOCOM, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, or even HALO. Two thumbs way up.

I haven't played much on LIVE lately, but this game will change that.

David Glenn

Second Unit
I understand the different modes but in the past Rainbow Six games have stated 4 people on one box but in reality you could only play 2 or one person on each box but system link to get four. So what I want to know is how many people can play on one box each multiplayer game. Can you get four people on one box like halos multiplayer games?
Ben,

I haven't tried the non-live multiplayer modes yet nor will I probably ever (no one to play with), which is why most of my multiplayer sessions are with LIVE.

Has anyone tried? Is there a 4 way split screen?

Allen>B

Agent
I was bored with the single player in less than an hour.

This game is best playing with live people;)

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
We played the Alacatraz level cooperatively, and though it took us many tries, we finally got through it, just the 2 of us. Very fun.
Did you ... did you say ... *sob*... DID YOU SAY COOPERATIVE??!??! Shit little biscuits, this thing has co-op play? Why, oh why, do I have to have a day job?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Did you ... did you say ... *sob*... DID YOU SAY COOPERATIVE??!??! Shit little biscuits, this thing has co-op play? Why, oh why, do I have to have a day job?
Yep. Cooperative AND Adversarial modes.

I type this as I sit at my desk at work, exhausted, on 4 hours sleep from the previous night (because I played RS3 till the wee hours of the morning) - absolutely dying to go home and play more.

I'm gonna be in a coma come Monday morning.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Hey Fellas, I've been extremely busy the last few months and haven't touched Live in a while. This sounds like just the thing to get me back into it. I might have to wait until Christmas, but from the reviews and initial impressions, I hope to make up for lost time later this year.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Yawn, I knew someone would bring that up or something like Roger Wilco and most players are NOT going to have this unlike XBOX live where most players get the headset as part of their kit.
Yawn, why does someone always have to have a condescending statement when someone else has an answer? Forgive us for not having or wanting an Xbox therefore depriving ourselves of the clear superiority of the Xbox Live headset kit. And how dreadful that someone dare to suggest that a PC does have the capabilities of voice-over-IP, even if the software is not built in.

Thank you, David, for mentioning Ventrilo. I'm looking into utilizing it for speech during on-line gaming and have already installed the server on my Solaris system, even though I'm obviously depriving myself for not doing it through a wonderful Xbox.

Yawn.

:rolleyes

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
You ever feel like in this game that you brought a knife to a gun fight? What are you guys using for a primary weapon? I've tried quite a few but still suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks