What's new

Who Is Jandek? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
Do a search at
WFMU
It's a free form radio station that has a great realaudio archive of all their shows. Jandek shows up every now and then. You can even read about one DJ's experience trying to find the particular rock the Jandek hides under.
You'll want to bath after listening to too much of it.
Andy

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Thanks Andrew!!
I dont suppose youve ever seen him there in Houston huh ? :D
Jandek's ultimate mission could be to test the mortal limits of patience, tolerance, and understanding. Perhaps he's the Messiah, dispatched to Earth as an Outsider Musician, giving the human race one last chance to accept the unacceptable, to embrace that which is infinitely difficult to embrace.
If so, by failing to fully grasp his aesthetic, I have forsaken salvation. And come Armageddon, while Jandek ascends with his disciples to a place where harps strum gently all day, I will descend to a region where mighty loudspeakers pipe in nothing but Jandek records for eternity.
That was a great read :D

Chuck Parker

Agent
I managed to track down some Jandek mp3s after hearing a piece about him on NPR last year (try the file swapping services - he's out there). It's ..uh.. interesting stuff. Still, the mystery surrounding this individual is intriguing, and strangely, after a while, the music starts to grow on you.
This particular article detailing a journalist's quest to find the man behind it all has always been my favorite piece of Jandek lore.
-chuck

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
When my college, the University of Wisconsin at Madison, came up in conversation, he said he had been there and that it rained the whole time. Maybe he had forgotten that Jandek once recorded a song called "Rain in Madison."
[blatant attempt to improve Wisconsin's weather image]
Okay okay.. please see this thread. The sun really does shine in Wisconsin 9 or 10 days out of the year!
[/blatant attempt to improve Wisconsin's weather image]
Now back to your regularily scheduled thread...

Users who are viewing this thread