What's new

Who is hoarding the Rhode Island quarters??? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The US Mint's State Quarter program is rolling and I'm still missing Rhode Island!!! I already have Vermont and I bet Kentucky is already out but I still haven't managed to come across a Rhode Island quarter!! So whoever is stashing them, give em up!!!!

Jay

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Indeed, Kentucky has been out for at least a few weeks.
Here's a picture for recognition:
ky_winner.gif

And Rhode Island:
ri_winner.gif

I suppose I could just point you towards the 50 State Quarters website but I like putting images in threads, for some reason. :p)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, thanks, can I print those out and spend them?
I had the link to the usmint.gov site but then they changed it but I found it again right after I posted that. I've actually asked my sister (who works at a barnes and nobles) for the Rhode Island quarter for xmas!!! She's got to come across one of those alot being in the retail business...
Its funny as I have really no interest in collecting coins, I just like looking at all my quarters I get from shopping... :)
Jay

Alex S

Second Unit
Jay,

I know what you mean.

I just rcenetly got the Vermont quarter last week.

I still need RI and KY too.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I think Hallmark is hoarding all of them. They have the state quarters at the incredibly low price of $2.50 each!

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Steve, check out your local post office. Most machines around my area will give the new $1 coins back as change when you insert a $5 or $20 for any stamp purchase.

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
I *just* found a Vermont quarter the other day, and here I thought I'd have a few weeks to rest. Now I gotta go find Kentucky! :)
So you guys usually collect your quarters from loose change? I do too - I find that a lot more fun than just ordering them from the USMint.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
So you guys usually collect your quarters from loose change?
You bet! Every last one of 'em. And only from change - I don't go down to the bank or quarter machines and put in a $20 just to see what I get back. I simply live my life like I normally would, and when someone hands me change from a routine purchase (usually fast food), I go through it and see if there are any new quarters I don't already have.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think Hallmark is hoarding all of them. They have the state quarters at the incredibly low price of $2.50 each!
Capitalism at its finest. :rolleyes:
I've found all of mine through loose change as well. A couple of other people at my office also collect them, so we help each other out in finding ones we each need. All I need are the two Kentucky quarters after finally getting a Vermont "P" the other day.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I collect all mine through loose change too. And I've got all 'p' marked quarters....

I saw some program on the US Minting operations, like the one in West Point and they mentioned that the state quarters get pressed twice, instead of once like the normal quarters you see...

Still waiting for RI and KY...

Jay

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the US Mint is producing these quarters in proportion to the size of the state. Seeing as Rhode Island is the smallest state... :D

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
You could always do this: go into a busy restaurant, make sure there is a long line of people behind you when you're paying your bill, then ask the cashier to root through the change drawer for new state quarters! Seriously, some old man did this to one of our hostesses the other day. :rolleyes
As for me, I haven't really paid attention to the new quarters other than giving them a cursory once-over. Is the Ohio quarter even out yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks