Who here likes Rob Schneider?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Len Cheong, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

Deuce Bigelow is one of my favourite movies. I know it's not a critically acclaimed film or even within striking distance of being one but it sure busted my gut. I just watched "The Animal" and hoped it would be "as good" as Deuce but it was plain awful. Good choice of leading lady, though. What a hottie!

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I hate to be contrary, but I basically detest Schneider. And I almost always enjoy guys like David Spade, Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan.

To me, Rob is like a sidekick desperately in search of a main character. There's just not enough there.

3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yeah, I thought Deuce was pretty funny. Rob Schneider has the POTENTIAL to be pretty funny. I just think that he needs to get away from Adam Sandler as soon as possible.

4. Rain

Rain Producer

Like most (I said "most" not "all") SNL cast members, Schneider belongs in a sit com and not in feature films.
    IMHO

5. Nick White

Nick White Stunt Coordinator

Schneider was great in that sitcom Men Behaving Badly, from what I remember. That was years ago, however..

6. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Deuce was great. I didn't even bother with The Animal, but yes he does need to get away from Sandler who becomes more and more unfunny by the minute. They are SNL pals though so they'll probably stick together for awhile more, at least.

7. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Shit! When I clicked into this thread I thought you were going to talk about Bo Duke who has made a TV return with the role of Mr. Kent in Smallville.
    Then I realized that he's John Schneider.
    I do like Deuce, though, and I find Rob to be much more palatable than, say, David Spade...whom I could hit in the face with a spade. [​IMG]

8. David_Li

David_Li Auditioning

Spade's sarcasm shtick gets old really fast when you figure out he's probably playing himself. Saw him on Dennis Miller show once and he seemed like a pretty unlikable guy. Rob Schneider is pretty low budget if you ask me =) but deuce bigalow was funny in a very low brow "i can't believe i'm enjoying this" manner. I saw it on ppv almost a year ago and I admit I liked some parts of it heh. I don't like many of the recent SNL alumni though and I could never understand why people liked Adam Sandler. He's not funny to me and never has been. On the other hand I laugh like a loon at Kevin Smith's flicks.. go figure.