What's new

Who here is an experienced gamer (pre-1990)? (1 Viewer)

Rodrick

Second Unit
Im age 36yrs and started with a Microvision with a breakout and spacewar cartridges. It was a hit since the only portable game system other than electronic games thru my school years 1972 to 1986. Most of my friends had those old computers Apple's c64's Atari computers etc...

Only a few I know had tvgamesystems my parents thought those would ruin the tvs by making some burn in to the tubes. I played Atari 26 and 52, Coleco, Intellevision, pongs, etc....at friends homes.

I only had the Microvision still and was popular til I got the Vectrex and an Atari Lynx. In college I got to try friends Nintendo's and Sega's. Had an Apple 2 plus hand me down to play Goriest game on Earth, Swashbuckler, Miner 2049er, Hard Hat Mack, and Loadrunner and learn basic.

First on the block to get IBM's and various pinballgames and LSL games, a hand me down turboexpress and Gameboy were next for Tetris fixes and space games.

Grandparents friend gave me a coffee table with an arcade game of Berserk, We'd charge people 50c to play it.

Went on a trip with family and came home with a Sega Nomad, to play Genesis games but still today no games, just borrow from friends still.

Finally today Tuesday Sept 7th won an Xbox. I have a lack of interest in that system, since I have a computer. My dreams were to get maybe a gamecube to play my gameboy games, or one of the next 2 or both of the new portable game systems. Playstation Portable or Nintendo DS. I have a portable DVD player even, and also on my computer a DVD burner combo drive and cd drive. And my parents own a LD/dvd player, and 2 vcr's. But we're not hooked up to all the latest, just regular cable.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Finally today Tuesday Sept 7th won an Xbox. I have a lack of interest in that system, since I have a computer. My dreams were to get maybe a gamecube to play my gameboy games, or one of the next 2 or both of the new portable game systems. Playstation Portable or Nintendo DS. I have a portable DVD player even, and also on my computer a DVD burner combo drive and cd drive. And my parents own a LD/dvd player, and 2 vcr's. But we're not hooked up to all the latest, just regular cable.
Lots of threads being resurrected by Rodrick just to discuss his Xbox win and how he doesn't want it.

Sell it on eBay. Buy the new Gamecube bundle.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Man, talk about pulling it out of the archives...
I was like "I posted in this thread???" when I saw the dot in the thread icon.
Rodrick, I'll take that system off of your hands for the same price you paid for it! (I'll cover shipping, of course) :D

Rodrick

Second Unit
My Box sold Tuesday evening. $600.

I don't know how much it was total with Live, 4 games and 2 games with Live.

$199 you can buy one at by itself in stores anyways.

Im not selling my Microvision. But need games bad for Turbo or Nomad.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
My Box sold Tuesday evening. $600.
did it really? well make sure to post this message in MANY different threads, just to make sure you annoy as many people as possible. we know you won the xbox and it sold for whatever. please, give it a rest.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks