What's new

Who Here Has The Best HT? (1 Viewer)

Ernesto_G+

Grip
Who Here Has The Best HT? One That Would Impress Almost Anyone That Heard It....Also What Speakers,Sub/Subs,Recievers,proccessors,amps, etc... are you running?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
What ever it is is expensive.

It goes FAR beyond gear. I know some people have lots of nice gear in a lame room filled with kids toys (sorry anyone!!!), while others have the same gear in a dedicated theater room with a theme, nice chairs, and perfect setup of the gear. That will be the winner!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I don't know who has the best, but I'll tell you for sure, it certainly isn't my setup.

Sure, I've got a more-than-adequate setup that provides some excellent sounds for movie watching and music listening. However, I would not rank it in regards to systems by fellow members here.

This is like asking, "Who has the best spouse?". Don't go there!

Old (alleged) Indian saying; "Everyone think like me, everyone want my squaw!"

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
We can end this thread now, I do. ;)
I have Bose speakers with an Aiwa receiver. As MCHammer once said, "can't touch this".
;)

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Mine looks/feels/sounds the best......to me. that's all that matters. If an individual is pleased with their gear, regardless of the price, brand, set up, wow factor...then that's all that matters. Your money, your ears.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, the "cookie cutter" effect comes to home theater. We all take what works for one individual and then repeat it thousands of times. :)

Then, we all have the "best" theater. :)

And, I'm soooooooo jealous of those who own the ouststanding Bose systems. I'm in such envy everytime I see and hear those fabulous systems whenever I'm in a store that carries the product. And the size that gets produced from such tiny cubes ... how do they do it? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

BrianKR

Second Unit
Not to change the subject but.....

Have you ever been to a retail store that has Bose on display and look at people in AWE while they are demo'n them?

Johnny_M

Second Unit
I will soon have the best HT out of everyone in the world... why?? Because I'm building a bar in it!!!

Class, can we say Kegerator!

Johnny

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I have by far and away the best system here, but I also have a confession to make. Craig Chase is just my alias.... please forgive me, and keep coming to my movies...

All the Best

George Lucas

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Hi Craig,

While I know George Lucas has a few homes, I do know most of what's in his room in a N. California residence of his. He has a projector room with some monster Christie projector hitting a screen that is a maximum of 20' wide from what I am told. The sound was an upgrade that was kept "reasonable" with a Lexicon MC-12B outputing to a BSS FDS-366 performing the EQ and bass routing for the mains and subs. The speakers are Genelec 1034s for the front 3 with I believe some Genelec or Triads pulling surround duty. The subwoofers are a modest quantity of FOUR of our ContraBass subwoofers, each powered by a channel of a Crown K2. Topping it off and making it all work is a Crestron control system with full color touchscreens. I've heard that he may put in a video server and upgrade the seating. Not shabby in a room that's somewhere around 28' x 35' with 14' ceilings at the front and 10' ceilings at the back.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Mark - I remember reading about his theater a couple of years ago and salivating...

Thanks for sharing the details... cool stuff !

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
OK, I wasn't serious regarding my Bose posting above. However, I think the "best" theater award should go to a member that has posted on some of the home theater forums in the past.

The one, the only, Fabio:

Fabio's Theater

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I don't know, I saw this article in a hometheater magazine several years ago, the guy had ratshack speakers on their own packing boxes for stands and loose car speakers hanging from some wires in the back for rears. The resourcefulness of the article blew me away as the guy stripped wires with his teeth and calibrated the video based by holding his hand against the tv and playing the episode of Jerry Springer he was on...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks