What's new

Who here has named there pets after TV or movie charectors? (1 Viewer)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
My dogs:

Female Collie, "Nakita" (La Femme Nakita)

Male Black Lab, "Dante" (Dante's Peak)

Female Beagle, "Nova" (from original Planet of the Apes)

KyleK

Second Unit
My friend (who has since moved to Seattle) has a Beagle named Scooby (his little brother named it :rolleyes:). It once tried to mate with my best friend's leg! :eek:
My golden retriever, Rosie, was named when we got her.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
we have a dog named Rascal (from the book of the same name about a racoon? been a while :) )
a male cat named Herbie (can't remember what it was from but it wasn't the car)
a female cat who I tried to name Stripe (after the Gremlin) but stripe just doesn't flow off the tongue very well when you say it lots, and it became Spike instead. So I intended to, but it didn't work out as the movie character I intended ;)

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Have 2 Chihuahuas named Hercules & Xena.
Which is kind of funny since the male is half the size of the female. Of course that's not saying much when you're talking about chihuahuas!;)
Villa

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
I named my cat Aloysius, after the teddy bear Sebastian Flyte (Anthony Andrews) always carry around in Brideshead Revisited, this was in 1982, not sure I'd do the same today ;)

Lisel

Stunt Coordinator
My first kitty was named Starbuck, after The X-Files' Scully. My current kitty is named Gabriel, as in Byrne.

Lisel

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
We have two Scotties (Scottish Terriers); Asta & Bond

Asta from the Dog in the Thin Man

Bond , James Bond

The connection between the 2?

Martinis of Course!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
One dog's name is Sable, after the former WWF star and my other dog is named Zeta, after the beautiful Catherine Zeta Jones.

-Dean-

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, not quite the same thing, but I named one of my kittie companions Eddie, after Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Back in the late-70's I had a dog named Bandit, named after the Burt Reynolds character (Smokey and the...).

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I have two fish and I named the black and white striped one
A-calvus-icon.jpg
(Calvus) Servo and the yellow one http://www.petstation.com/goldfish-goldie.jpg(Oranda) Crow. I am still looking for a Gypsy and a Cambot to move in next door.
Bruce

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i named my dog BENDER.

it's is just by coincedence i live on bender dr.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My cat is Cleopatra. She used to have a Diamond (yeah, right) encrusted collar, but that didn't work out.

I had a girlfriend in high school who had a dog named Chewy, as in Chewbacca.

My parent's cat is named Papageno, after the bird catcher in Mozart's The Magic Flute.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
My cat's name is Akira, in homage to the director, not the movie.

My other cat's name is Tebryn. Just liked the sound of it.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I was thinking about naming a mastiff I get Tetsuo from the movie Akira, but my mom says it's a stupid name. I think Tetsuo fits a mastiff perfectly. I'm only getting a mastiff after my boxer Jade dies though.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
My cat's name is Jazmin. My ex who gave HIM to me loved the movie Aladdin. Problem is, if you haven't noticed, my cat is male! When she gave him to me as a little kitten, we though he was a she. And he learned his name fairly quick. When I bought him to the vet, they told me Jazmin was a he, but I didn't want to change his name and confuse him, so it stuck. My sister likes to call him JazMAN. :rolleyes

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
It would be pretty cool to name three of your pets Donny, Walter, and The Dude. Just name the very loud one Donny so that you can use Walter's favorite line.
I need to get some pets. It's getting near time. Will undoubtably have a movie character name, but probably going to be Cornelius, Zira, Nova, and Taylor (Jenna :emoji_thumbsup: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks