What's new

Who here has named there pets after TV or movie charectors? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im just curious. I have had pets before and they had regular names except for the last time we had fish. They each were named after a charector from a show or movie.

The other day in the mall my brother and I were waiting for my mom to get done picking up a present so we went into the mall pet shop and saw a mouse. My brother saw my mom coming and to annoy her and said"Im going buy it and call it Stuart (little)" :) Thats why i thought it would be intresting to see if people actually do that

capt

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Our Labrador is named Belvedere, in homage to one of my favorite Bugs Bunny cartoons. He's down South, and he's causing trouble for a plantation owner with a big moustache. The guy owns a dog named Belvedere, and he calls him by saying "BEL-vedere, come HERE boy!" I've always loved that one, and always wanted to name a dog Belvedere. In the 6 years we've owned him, only one person outside of my family has picked up on the reference, though.

We also have a Jack Russell Terrier named Wishbone, who was named after, well, Wishbone. Wishbone was my son's favorite show at the time, and we thought that would make a perfect gift. My son was thrilled, but male JRT's are not always good around kids. Overall he's been a good dog, but he's never really warmed up to my son.

Our cat, Spot, and our other JRT, Daisy, were not named after anything in particular.

I also have a cousin who named his Bloodhound/Labrador mix Flash, in homage to the Dukes of Hazard. The biggest thrill of his recent life was driving up here from Florida, and getting the opportunity to drive through Hazard County with Flash, all the while doing his Roscoe P. Coltrain impersonation. He was nearly as thrilled to find out that our neighbors have two Basset Hounds named Flash and Roscoe.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
My first cat's name was Geordi, after the ST:TNG character. I called him Kira (re: DS9) for a few days until the vet told me I had been misinformed about his gender! :b
I currently have two cats - littermates. Linus was the name originally given to one, and being a lifelong "Peanuts" fan I happily kept that one. The other was called Buttercup (or something silly like that) and that obviously wouldn't do. So he became Bart, after Bart Simpson. As it turns out, that is the perfect name for the little troublemaker... ;)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
My CorgiTerriPoo is named Margo, after the Bette Davis character in the movie All About Eve. Margo is sort of a drama queen, hence the name.

My cat is named Fiona after the character in Shrek, because she was a truly ugly kitten--sorta muddy brown/black coat and fiesty disposition.

Her coat changed as she grew up and she is now a gorgeous mixture of reddish/grayish/bluish stripes.

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I used to have two goldfish named "Rocky" and "Clubber Lang"

I also had a Hamster named "Looking Into You" named after a Jackson Browne song. (Yes, I know that is not a TV or movie character).

And lastly, from my sig: "The dog is Fox Mulder".

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
My Boxer is Bosko (Looney Tunes character) and my calico cat is Claudette (named after Claudette Colbert and Claude The Cat).

I'm a fan of Looney Tunes, what can I say?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
My rottweiller which used to be my brothers dog, does not have a celebrity or character name but my brother liked "The Boys From Brazil" so much that he trained her with the words action and cut just like the little Hitler kid did.

Bruce N

Second Unit
One of our cats is named Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, known as "The Cat" after Eli Wallach's character in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Bruce

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
My cats are named:

Patsy: After Patsy Kensit (My sisters were big Oasis fans at the time, one of the Gallaghers was married to Patsy)

Alabama: From True Romance..

Shanequa: Some trailer-trash on Jerry Springer or something like that.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
My Senegal parrot, Barney, clown that he is, is named after a character on a Firesign Theater album (I Think We're All Bozos on this Bus)

My Congo African Gray parrot was a year old when I got him and already had a name-Johnny (I spell it Johnnie, since I'm not 100% sure of "his" gender) as in Frankie and Johnny. Johnnie had a clutchmate named Frankie and they were both sickly babies. Sadly, Frankie didn't make it. On the bright side, Johnnie is a thriving, happy 4 year old.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have a yellow and green budgie(aka parakeet) named Yoda. He's the boss of the flock I have. He's real pushy and vocal like the Yoda from the SW movies. I also have a cat named Stripe after Stripe from Gremlins. Stripe's brother was Gizmo, but he died almost 10 years ago. Had a doberman named Romeo, after Romeo and Juliet. But he died 11 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks