Who has the craziest H/T ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan J, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering if any of you guys have the out of this world stuff--B&W Nautilus, Wilson audio, etc?

Who has the most expensive set of speakers??

2. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Pick up the latest Audio Video Interiors there is a theatre in there I believe to be the "crazyest" The guy has the B&W Nautilus prestige, You knowt hae ones that look like art they kind of look like shells?

Now that's crazy, they require 1 amp per driver in each speaker, so you need at least 6 amps to tdrive them!

He also has a theatre with a FP in his bedroom, plasma in his living room, a wine cellar with B&W speakers, tennis court etc etc... That magazine show's some crazy stuff.

3. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I had a pair of the Nautilus Prestige but found my Polk RT8's sounded better so I returned them [​IMG]

4. Nathan J

Damn, you should have let me know, I would have bought you the Polks and you coud have just traded the B&W's for them...even trade you know, sounds good to me [​IMG]

5. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

Hmmm....SoLoItHz, I recognize you from Carsound???

Fergie

6. Nathan J

ummm, perhaps, although I spend most of my time at caraudioforum.com

I have been into car audio alot longer than HT.

I am luvdabass at caraudioforum.

7. Nathan J

I never use SoLoItHz as a user name if that is what you are asking....its just a little sig I came up with a long time ago.

8. mctague

mctague Stunt Coordinator

I was in a local dealer, and one of the sales guys said the biggest single residental job they did was 2 home theaters for 1 house: $890k. It probably used CAT speakers. We didn't go into details, but their website has a 2000 press release quoting $200k as their high end speaker system.
    http://www.calaudiotech.com/
    And yes, one of their demo rooms is a 26-sub CAT system. And yes, the room is named Area 51.

9. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

I saw a review of one of those CAT systems in HomeTheater magazine. It had 11 subs(I think). Strangely enough, the numerical rating it got was lower than a Definitive Tech speaker system based on the DT 2006(go figure).

10. Jason Watson

Jason Watson Stunt Coordinator

Ahh! Area 51. The only demo room so cool there were T-shirts made to promote it. Too bad the projector was suffering from bad burn-in the last time I was there. What a shame!

11. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Yeah, Jason that Area 51 room is pretty cool. I thought of it too when reading about the CAT speakers. I like the sound of revealing speakers like those. Built like a M1 too. Are they still using all Theta there (Dreadnaught, Casablanca, DaViD)? Awesome when I heard it, although I would go for the Revels and Bel combo in that other room. [​IMG]

12. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I wanted to build a home theater with 3 types of mains for listening to music. Maybe put them on a rotating turntable or just separated.
    Of course I wouldn't use a switch board, but would just have to swap banana plug, spades or something.
    Anyone have a home theater with 3 or more types of speakers that can be switched for preference? Maybe some days you prefer paradigm, and other days people prefer Klipsch Ref7 or JBL TiK series, etc.
    That would be a crazy IMO
    And then some days you prefer the sound of the Rotel and other days Outlaw.. [​IMG]