Who Has Seen The Beer Commercial With The Semi-Truck & The Dummy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, May 2, 2002.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

If you guys watched ER tonight, then you know about this one...SPOILERS AHEAD...
    This guy flags down a tractor trailer. The driver is this big fat dude who didn't have much to say. Then this creepy dummy comes out of nowhere, stares at the passenger and makes a screeching sound. Then the guy opens the door while the truck is still moving and gets out! I was dying! [​IMG]
    Who else saw this one and died laughing?

2. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

Oh man, it reminded me of Dumb and Dumber, the part about the most annoying sound in the world.
    But that dummy, the eyes..they were TEH EVAL! (the evil) [​IMG]
    You kinda felt dirty after watching the commercial.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I've seen this commerical many times, and sorry to say, I didn't laugh. Frankly, the concept was clearly taken from Dumb and Dumber. If you've seen the movie, you might recall the scene where Harry (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd (Jim Carrey) pick up a hitch-hiker (who unbeknownst to them is a hit man that is after them). Lloyd turns to the hitch-hiker and says, "Want to hear the most annoying sound in the world? Eeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah!" Now that was funny. [​IMG]

4. Dave Gorman

Dave Gorman Supporting Actor

For me the commercial was like "The Abyss" -- such a promising beginning, and then nothing... [​IMG]

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Saw it. Was not moved much either way. My one gripe was the image of the guy jumping out of the truck -- he shyould have had some scars and casts and stuff when relating the story to his friends, in the bar.