who has heard of these?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by ken nomimashita, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ken nomimashita

w ww.cardomain.com/memberpage/282974/10

advent loudspeakers. i need a new surround, so i will get one here

w ww.speakerworks.net/kits.html
    what do you guys think?

2. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

get the kit! fix 'em up! i'm running three home-made double advents across the front of my living room/HT setup. it sounds wonderful!!! and when i get the bookshelves built in the back of the room i will be building in a set of smaller advents for the surround rears.

ag.

3. ken nomimashita

i am using one of them now and its the best sounding speaker i have ever had. i cant wait to fix the other one. having a sealed 10 flat to 30hz is cool[​IMG]

4. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

its amazing what 30-year-old good engineering can sound like. they put all the money in the drivers, not the boxes. no flashy stuff at all.

i'm actually thinking about putting a pair of smaller advent woofers in my car as subs, since i will have a pair left over. or maybe buy another pair of larger woofers. i need to calculate the volume of air behind the side panels in the rear cargo area of my grand wagoneer. then i can decide which route to go.

ag.

5. ken nomimashita

those advents will make pretty crappy car subs. they wont be able to keep up with any kind of front stage that doesnt suck. i dont think they will like more than 50rms either. but unless you have amped component speakers your SQ will likely be abysmal so in that case you might as well use them i suppose.

if you want a ( VERY good and factory direct priced) small car sub you should call elemental designs. www.edesignaudio.com just call them and talk to them. their stock list is messed up right now or it was a few days ago. the k series drivers if they still have them in stock (build house issues) should work nicely in an enclosure that small.