Who has a pronto ccf for Samsung SIR-T165?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Nathan_R, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

I bought an open-box SIR-T165 today which did not have the remote. Does anyone have the codes programmed into a Pronto TS1000? The one t165 ccf on remotecentral.com is for the tsu2000 and I can't open it. I ordered a replacement remote from Samsung, but it's going to be a while before it arrives.

Blah.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

~~Nathan
    nathan_r AT atlhometheater DOT com

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Nathan, I would guess if you can't find one, I can go to the remotecentral.com site and save the file on my 2000 software as 1000 and send it to you. I just have to use my old PC since XP does not like the Pronto software. Just send me an E-Mail.

3. Nathan_R

Cool. What that your ccf I found? I found a partial one I made last April, but it's severely lacking. I think I skipped about 80% of the buttons.

I'm emailing you now.

Thanks!
    ~~Nathan

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Nathan I found one and sent it, given my ltd. computer skills you can let me know how it translates. They did not have computers when I was growing up and drawing on cave walls. I also have a ccf from the older Samsung HD tuner I have so hopefully that would work with many of the buttons too[​IMG]

5. Nathan_R

Thank you, Phil! I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I greatly appreciate your time and generosity!
    [​IMG]
    ~~athan

6. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

Phil A, I don't seem the have a problem with ProntoEdit and XP. Can you elaborate?

N

7. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Neil have not used it on this PC for a bit. Even tried adjusting the properties of the program for Windows 98. I have Pronto version 4 downloaded on this PC. When I just tried to upload from the RC device I get a message "RC device not connected or responding." When I click on he details it shows - e.g. com1, com2 open but no response from RC device. Any help for the helpless would be greatly appreciated. The same cable with the remote works fine in my old 266. Is there something I need to do somewhere? XP seemed to easily recognize the rest of my (hardware) stuff when I got the 1.5Gig machine a little over a yr. ago, printer, camera, etc.

I used Audiofile (spinfree.com) to catalog my CDs. I have no problem with Videofile (spinfree.com) for DVDs but it also can't seem to work with XP or me or both.

8. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

Firstly, Nathan_R, sorry to take your thread off course ...

Phil A, I didn't do anything special when I upgraded my ME machine to XP Prof. ProntoEdit has continued to work fine. You might try activating the remote by touching the screen before you try to upload or download from it. IIRC, I had to do this under ME but I don't under XP. I know you are using XP but maybe give it a try.

N

9. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Neil - just tried that - no different, but thanks. Could it be something to do with the 'Device Mgr.' settings?