Who has a 4805 hooked up Time Warner-install question

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Frank_D, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Frank_D

Frank_D Agent

My projector will be about 10 feet from the HD box. Will they run the cable from the box for me or do I have to?

With my other HD cable box they used their own cables and hooked everything up but it was only one shelf away from the tv.

Thanks!

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

I think that is something that should probably be brought to their attention before the install. I have found that if you call ahead and warn them of special circumstances, they will either accomodate them or instruct you to purchase cables of your own. 99% of the installs these guys do are 6 ft. componnents to a single TV with no surround, etc. If you tell them your special circumstances before hand, they might be better equipped for the install.

3. Frank_D

Frank_D Agent

The sales person didn't know much of the technical stuff I was talking about so I will call back and see if I can talk to a tech before they come out.

Thanks!

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

You can usually get them to write special instructions on the work order. There is (or should be) a place for special notes on all work orders.

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Yeah, a lot of these guys are contractors... so, it's pretty hit or miss on whether you'll get someone who's capable of special requests or not.

Personally, I'd invest in a quality cable myself. That way I'd know I'd have a good connection.