What's new

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Vista Series? When? (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to both The Digital Bits and DVDFile, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is supposedly very much in the works for release as a Vista Series DVD. In fact, I can't remember which it was now, but one of those two sites reported a month or so ago that they were going to announce it in a few weeks. I was just wondering...has anyone heard any news on this recently? Specs? Release date? Call me impatient, but I am highly anticipating this release.
Oh, and I hope this doesn't turn into another thread about what's missing from the movie, who edited what, and censorship in general. :)

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Ouch... now I know why AmazonUK had it on sale a month or two ago. And I got one. Crud.

Jakob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Still no info about this release? I want it so badly, so what's taking them so long?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Roger Rabbit has some effects shots that show Eddie Valiant slightly transparent. This is a fault of the optical compositing of the time and could quickly be corrected by simply re-compositing those handful of scenes.
It's just like the transparent ships in The Empire Strikes Back.
Also, it IS an important matter that this movie is released 100% uncensored. Robert Zemeckis obviously didn't approve the censorship, so it has be uncut. Whenever an SE is released, Zemeckis is probably going to have a big part in it (like his most of his other movies on DVD) and will make sure it looks the best it can..complete with Baby Herman's lewd behavior. :D

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Well I don't know if I would call this your typical "family film" so does that mean it won't be butchered and will be OAR?

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
My guess is this will come out in January along with a "Signs" Vista Series. This is based onmy own observations:

Buena Vista has several lines, The platinum line for the best animated titles, the vista line for the best recent live action titles, the Treasures line for vintage stuff, tv and shorts, for the collector, the Vault Disney Line for the top classic Disney Live Action and a couple of basic lines like the Gold Collection. and of course the excellent Collector's series which, with Tron, has branched into Live Action, beyond just recent Animation.

They seem to be releasing one platinum title a year in October, two launches of Vista series titles per year (January and July), four Treasures each December, and four Vault Disney each May. And collector's series titles somewhere in between. this I about all I can keep up with as it is, and I for one don't want dvds coming out any faster, I can barely keep up as it is!

Adam

Richard Waller

Second Unit
Hopefully a Vista Series of Roger Rabbit will happen. I hope it would be uncut and contain a commentary, deleted scenes, and the other Roger Rabbit shorts (Tummy Trouble, Roller Coaster Rabbit, and Trail Mix-Up).

Spero D

Second Unit
Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Special Edition R4 Australia is released August 1st so hopefully the US release should follow soon after-
Link Removed
Spero D.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The R4 version is the same, bare bones release as the R2. The previous R1 version was non-anamorphic and omitted the commentary track from the laserdisc. All versions on DVD are the "censored" cut. I don't like the chances of seeing this one uncut again anytime soon, although any re-release will almost certainly be at least be anamorphic and in OAR.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Dick Tracy, which was released several months ago with a DTS track and no features is supposed to get the Vista Series treatment as well. However, difficulty in gathering support from the cast and crew may delay its release to sometime next year or longer.

To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Disney do not master their films for DVD specifically for the Australian market. The R4 DVDs always replciate the R2 DVDs as they are the same disc. Looking at the more reliable R4 on-line stores, I can find no reference to this DVD at all (www.ezydvd.com.au). It is referred to as a Special Edition on www.michaeldvd.com.au, but no details are provided on content. Unusual to say the least for a DVD due out in 5 weeks. If it's lile Disney's other special editions of "Crimson Tide" and "Enemy of the State" except an underwhelming experience.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I had eard Dick Tracey was supposed to be a Vista series, but because no one participated it was bumped down to a barebones. And with no future Vista series in the works.

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Said title is NOT coming out in R4 in August.

The date, which DVD Orchard and Michael DVD list, was an approximate date set at the end of last year at a press junket and has since been delayed. I rang Buena Vista in Australia and they stated they had no concrete plans for the moment.

I feel it will be a Dec 02 title or early '03.

I want it just as bad as you guys, R4 didn't even receive the old edition.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait. I've wanted Roger Rabbit on DVD since I bought my DVD player. I won't buy the current censorred and non-anamorphic edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks