Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Vista Series packaging

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Todd H, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    I finally ordered Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Vista series 2 disk set. When it arrived from Deepdiscountdvd.com, the case was a little beat-up. When I took the plastic off, it had the dreaded broken hub and floating disk problem. The disk doesn't appear to have any scratches and plays without problem. Should I just send the entire thing back or will Disney just replace the case if I contact them?

Edit: God I hate crappy cardboard packaging! [​IMG]

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Disney will probably replace the packaging but I'm betting it would be a lot quicker and simpler to send it back for an exchange.

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Actually most studios don't replace packaging due to fears of bootlegging - if you copy their DVDs they don't want you to be able to sell it in the "official" packaging.

4. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I thought I read somewhere that Disney has great customer service when it comes to these things so they may still do as Marco says.

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Disney does have great customer service when it comes to this and will always replace your packaging, even send out replacement slip covers if you purchased one of their 2-disc sets but were unable to find one... but again, it would probably be a lot easier to just exchange the DVD from where you bought it. They are obligated to send you out a replacement as soon as the disc is returned and it will save time and effort.

6. John*D

John*D Second Unit

E-mail DDD and tell them the problem. They will email you a RMA # and an IMAGE of the return shipping label which you will print, fill out with your order # and RMA #.

DDD pays for the return shipping. When they receive it they will credit your C-card for the DVD and then doing a charge for the replacement item.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I have had this issue with discs from both Disney and DDD, and both have responded with excellent customer service.

If the disc isn't scratched and plays fine, then I would just call Disney customer service -- that way you don't have to bother returning the disc (and DDD won't have to pay for it).

8. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

I've only had to call Disney once with a problem. I'd have to say that it was one of the most pleasent experiences I've ever had in this type of situation. The service was quick, there weren't a lot of annoying questions asked, the lady who helped me was extremely nice plus she was a native English speaker and very easy to understand. On top of that, I was able to hold on to my original set (Pearl Harbor: Vista) until the replacement arrived. That meant I was able to swap the one bad disc and not have to re-watch the other three. From the comments here, it appears that I didn't just get lucky. [​IMG]

But I'd still go with Deep Discount first. It's their problem and they should fix it.

9. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Contacted DDD. They're sending me a postage paid mailing label to send it back.

Edit: Just received a reply from Disney. They're sending me a replacement case. I think I'll just hold on to the disks and use the replacement cover. Disney's customer service is excellent!

10. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Of course, there's one question that I've got about this DVD: has anyone managed to figure out how to get through the Trouble in Toontown game? I can't even get past the first dang goon on the first level without having to go through the entire trivia question section! Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!