What's new

Who Framed Roger Rabbit coming to 4K disc. (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
With very few exceptions, almost no movie is a one-person affair. Film is a collaborative medium that takes a large team of people to complete. The director is not the only person whose contribution matters.

Yes, sometimes you wind up with people working at cross-purposes or against one another's wishes (even intentionally so). Nevertheless, at the end of the day, this movie was completed and everyone signed off on it. It was released, became a huge blockbuster, and even won a few Oscars, for a version that no longer exists.

So, yes, this is still very much revisionism, albeit on a smaller scale and to much less detriment than, say, the desecration George Lucas inflicted onto Star Wars (which fundamentally changed that film and made it worse). By comparison, these are minor and superficial changes. I'm sure we can all shrug them off. But it's still disappointing that the original version has been suppressed.

Compared to the films in my signature, it got off easy.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Website The Digital Bits is reporting that the 4K disc set will be released on December 7th. Best Buy will sell a exclusive steelbook version. Like the art work on the steelbook.

1629379077287.png

1629379101747.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It’s good to see Disney continue to release catalog titles. This is a great one. Of course, Fox titles are a totally different story.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Website The Digital Bits is reporting that the 4K disc set will be released on December 7th. Best Buy will sell a exclusive steelbook version. Like the art work on the steelbook.
Yeah, this is good art on the steelbook. Is the first image the art for the non-steelbook? I like it too.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Is that Daffy Duck on the inside of the steelbook, if it is then that's got to be a first for Disney to included a non Disney owned character on any media or merchandise.

How much do you think the mouse had to pay WB for Daffy's licensing?

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Is that Daffy Duck on the inside of the steelbook, if it is then that's got to be a first for Disney to included a non Disney owned character on any media or merchandise.

How much do you think the mouse had to pay WB for Daffy's licensing?

No that is just one of the crows (or whatever kind of bird it is) in Jessica's band

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Did someone say it was meant to be seen?

The post in question responded to my post that delineated meant to be seen during a normal viewing of the movie and "hidden stuff".

I don't understand why the comment about Betty Boop followed my mention of meant to be seen vs. hidden unless it intended to equate "deliberate" with "meant to be seen"...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just saw it as providing interesting info.
Nevermind that second part. I misread something.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Fantastic news!

Now if they would step up their classic fox film releases please?

Some / all Marilyn Monroe films in 4K please!

Most of the classic Fox library will probably come from boutique labels, as back in 2019 when Disney+ launched they showed all of the titles they would be offering. Only a few select Fox titles where included in their list. Marilyn wasn't in the line up but Julie Andrews was.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Most of the classic Fox library will probably come from boutique labels, as back in 2019 when Disney+ launched they showed all of the titles they would be offering. Only a few select Fox titles where included in their list. Marilyn wasn't in the line up but Julie Andrews was.

I hope criterion is able to release the MM films on 4k.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks