What's new

Who flosses? (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
No Soda at all, (well a root beer or cream soda every once in a rare while), very little sugary beverage (including juice) and as of the last year or so working towards a virtual elimation of refined sugar and flour. And Mom never let me do the flouride rinses they had in elementary school and I was raised on unfloridated water (thank God). I have almost perfect teeth, never had a cavity, fine wisdom teeth, very little crowding, and intend to keep it that way as of late.

On the other hand I almost never use that floss sitting in my bathroom however that's changed as of now with all this HTF testimony and news about these fancy thinner flosses and any sort of device that doesn't try to amputate my finger (is anyone not freaked out by the swelled up deep ugly purple your finger turns with floss wrapped around it?).

I brush once a day at night, used to need twice a day, but that's faded since adopting a healthier diet with less sugar, on the other hand, my mouth will feel filthy if I've had some sugary things to eat that day, and I can't go to sleep without brushing.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone ever use one of those flossing devices? Its like a toothbrush where the end is like a wishbone with a piece of floss between it? My fingers would be greatful but I thought it looked gimmicky?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Started using non-alcohol based mouthwashes several months ago, boy.. what a difference! Listerine makes your mouth feel clean for a couple of hours but not for the entire day. Plus if you floss your more likely to have bleeding gums.

I recommend something like Biotene or Smart Mouth 24hr over any of the popular ones any day of the week. It's refreshing to wake up with no morning breath, or worry about your mouth at work.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not flossing makes it more likely you'll have bleeding gums. Proper flossing will get rid of the bacteria/plaque buildup that can cause bleeding gums in the long term.

Flossing - just do it.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Yep, I for one use the gimmickly looking floss pics. A WHOLE lot easier than the old double hand type.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What is a floss pic?

Like the Waterpik electric flosser? Or the Hummingbird (by Oral-B I think)? I wonder if those are any good. I hate the numb fingers I get when I floss - and I'm scared that I'm flossy too hard - I don't want to wear a groove into my teeth!

Those electric flossers look like a bitch to get to your backteeth though...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is the Floss Pic something like this:

I had a free one from my dentist awhile ago but I just use my two fingers, easy enough for me I think.

Jay

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator

I started using a wishbone shaped flossing tool about 2 months ago (Like the one pictured above) and it works great. For the first time in my life I floss every day. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks