What's new

Who ever thought this would ever be done? (1 Viewer)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Been there, done that: Dark Shadows had nearly twice the amount of episodes, and besides, that Aussie release isn't even Region1 and it's in PAL, not NTSC!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I have a feeling this is what we'll see as a complete series set for The Simpsons.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
See if they can come out with something like that, I'm sure they would be able to put every episode from Big Brother 1 on dvd! LOL I don't know how many discs it would take but I'd sure love to see it.

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator

There have been approx 5000 episodes of Corrie to date.

That's approx 2000 hours (at 24 mins. per episode on average; there were far fewer commercials in the 1960s...).

At 6 hours per disc, we're looking at a 300+ disc box set!

And you know what? I bet it'd sell.

-------

Failing a complete run, fans will have to settle for the current box sets on amazon.co.uk.

There are box sets for each of the first three decades of Coronation Street: the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s (no box is available for the 1990s yet). Each set contains 10 discs - one for each year - with the "top" 8 episodes per year. So that's 240 episodes in total -- roughly 1/20th of the entire output since 1960.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

But, do all of the episodes still exist? I would've thought that a lot of the '60s episodes would've been wiped in the '70s, especially as this is a soap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks