What's new

Who else would like to see the Val Lewton Collection on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The Lewton films look quite good on my laserdisc box set.

Don't fall for all the excuses that the studios give for not putting these out. They always claim these older stuff needs restoration or that they can't find suitable materials. 99% of the time, that's code for "we don't want to put it out because we want to re-release THE MATRIX again".

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Oh, to own "Cat People" and "The Leopard Man"... my life would be so complete. *sigh*

I came into laserdisc a day late and a dollar short -- 1994. Three years before DVD, but early enough to shell out $118 for the Criterion Brazil LD set and thinking I scored a bargain.

Any South Florida fans remember "Nite Owl Movies with Big Wilson"? Three films, back-to-back, every weeknight from midnight to 6:00 AM? *sigh* THOSE were the days. I'll nevere forget watching "Ten Little Indians" at midnight when I was 9 years old and having my socks knocked off!!

TCM is great, don't get me wrong. (AMC can bite me, AFAIC) I just love those local color shows, though. Nothing like them, knowing someone across town is staying up to watch movies with you at the same time.

Duncan Reno

Agent
Yes Matthew I do remember those late night movies with Big Wilson at the piano. He was always plugging a pizza place whose name now escapes me. Growing up in Key West there wasn't a whole lot of channels to choose from and Big Wilson became a staple of late night viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks