Who else is tired of concert video's that look bad?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Oblow, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Dennis Oblow

Dennis Oblow Stunt Coordinator

Dennis
    I can't believe how many concert video's look like they were shot with a 8mm home movie camera. I just bought Sade's new one called Lover's Live and I must say this is one of the worst DVD's I have visually speaking. Come on they have the technology to put out stunning concert videos if they want to like James Taylor Live at the Beacon Theater, or The Eagles Hell Freezes Over to name a couple. Both the audio and video are high quality. I think they should mark the package telling you if the video was made from film or video tape, because the picture is just as important as the sound. O.K. I'm done, anybody else feel this way?[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

3. Dennis Oblow

Dennis Oblow Stunt Coordinator

Dennis
    Sorry, I just lost my temper. I didn't mean to offend anyone

4. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hey!
    Dunno if they are your taste, but Bruce Springsteen Live in NYC (shot on HD) and the NEW Queen "We Will Rock You" (New 16x9 THX...) sound and Look GREAT!
    The worst I think is when you buy Video compilations like Madonna's which were shot on Film, often letterboxed, non-anamorphic (so you have to zoom or have 4 Bars to deal with on widescreen TV's...) and are edited on VIDEO and have to be watched in VIDEO mode on a prog. scan player which usually doesn't look as good!
    [​IMG] D

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I've edited the topic title.

6. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

[Yoda]Yes, yes, to Dave you listen![/Yoda] The new edition of We Will Rock You is INCREDIBLE. Hard to believe the show is 20 years old.

7. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

I was pretty excited to find that Dead Can Dance 's 'Toward the Within' concert video would make its DVD debut as part of their new CD boxed set.
    But then I got it, and it didn't look much different from the VHS and LD versions I already owned. And the LD has PCM audio as opposed to compressed Dolby Digital 2 channel on the DVD. Phooey!