Who else is sick of the IMDB Photo sidebars?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Whyte, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

You know the ones I'm talking about:
    -The "Celeb Photos" sidebar which has pictures of Christina Ricci, Katie Holmes, Vince Vaughn, some model chick, etc
    -The "Bit Parts" sidebar with Lucy Liu, Cuba Gooding Jr, Julianne Moore, etc
    -The "Celebrity Stuff At Amazon.com" sidebar
    And many more. For a website that is updated daily, for some reason they have been keeping these crappy picture sidebars up for ages, and I'm pretty frickin' tired of looking at the pictures. I understand it's because of advertising, but why don't they change the adverts instead of leaving the exact same ones up all the time! The "Bit Parts" picture has remain unchanged over a year.
    Who's with me? [​IMG]
    Jay
    ------------------
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
    "Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down?
    Oh no! Let's go...let's go crazy!" Prince, Purple Rain
    My Own Film Review Website Is Coming Soon!

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Jason,
    ... and what's worse: when I see an occasional rather pretty face and go look for more photographs of the same celebrity, the photographs and posters all appear to be quite different and less attractive [​IMG]. Almost to the point where they look someone different altogether... Kate Beckinsale is a good example of that.
    Shame on IMdb! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Actually, I hate the ads on top much more. They are even location-sensitive (I get disgusting ads from my own country).
    Cees

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I've got a theory that they're going to keep running them until the celebrities in question pay them to stop. The only hole in that theory is figuring out why Christina Ricci hasn't yet.

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I don't think I'll ever get tired of that piccy of Christina. [​IMG]