Who else is really psyched for the 2 Conan DVDs?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Scott Weinberg, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I know they're only an hour each, but it'll be nice to have a little Cone Zone in my DVD collection. [​IMG]

Plus, of course, that Triumph vs. the Star Wars Geeks is ... just freakin' priceless. So funny.

It seems that Conan's 5th Anniversary Special is available on VHS. Perhaps that special will earn a DVD release as well.

Hey, we gotta grab the crumbs! It's not like we'll be getting Full Season sets of Conesie!!

But if they come up with any 'Greatest Hits' compilations, I'll be quite happy. And we all know that NBC-Universal is deathly concerned about the perpetual happiness of Scott E. Weinberg.

Kinda off-topic, but Conan's 2-segment interview with Tom Hanks (last night) was an absolute joy to behold. Nothing against Jay Leno, but his interviewing skills/conversational wit cannot hold a candle to Conan's. Not even close.

2. Jerry R Colvin

Jerry R Colvin Stunt Coordinator

I'll get the Anniversary Special, but not Triumph. Not a big fan of his.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien is the only TV show that consistently makes me laugh out loud. The guy is just plain silly and funny. The other late night hosts seem really tired in comparison.

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

I will say that Conan is a funny guy. His humor is fresh and up to date. Dave and Leno are kind of classic (old basically). Dave and Leno are like...your dad's comics, and Conan is for you.

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Mine.

Too bad I don't think it has Triumph doing the weather on Hawaii's NBC affiliate.

"Oh noooo~ Hawaii is getting rain"
    "HAWAII IS A PUSSY!!"

[​IMG]

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I hadn't seen this coming! I must get Triumph, (Although I'll get the conan too!) when is this out?

6. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Definite buy on the 10th Anniversary. Maybe Triumph.

Great news!!!

7. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Amazon shows August 10.

8. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

FYI: Triumph's CD Come Poop with Me contains a bonus DVD with an hour of material performed live in front of an audience. Highly recommended for all Triumph fans.

9. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

I'll definitely be picking up the 10th Anniversary DVD, and maybe the Triumph one as well.

What's this about no season sets? There's only around 2000 episodes now. [​IMG] Maybe when those Blu-Ray 60GB discs start coming out... [​IMG]

Conan is one of the few shows I consistently watch, because it's also one of the few that is consistently laugh-out-loud funny. Now that it's on quite a few times a day, there's a good chance I can catch at least one if I miss the 12:30 showing (although some repeats I seem to get a whole lot more than others). I too would pick up some "best of's" if they put them out, especially since I was relatively late in catching on to the show (in the last 5 years or so).

10. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

I'll definitely be picking up the 10th Anniversary DVD, and maybe the Triumph one as well.

What's this about no season sets? There's only around 2000 episodes now. [​IMG] Maybe when those Blu-Ray 60GB discs start coming out... [​IMG]

Conan is one of the few shows I consistently watch, because it's also one of the few that is consistently laugh-out-loud funny. Now that it's on quite a few times a day, there's a good chance I can catch at least one if I miss the 12:30 showing (although some repeats I seem to get a whole lot more than others). I too would pick up some "best of's" if they put them out, especially since I was relatively late in catching on to the show (in the last 5 years or so).

11. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I'll be buying both. I don't really watch a lot of late night TV but if i'm up I always watch Conan, he is the only host that makes me laugh out loud consistently. Those Walker Texas Ranger clips had me in stitches.

12. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I'll be buying both. I don't really watch a lot of late night TV but if i'm up I always watch Conan, he is the only host that makes me laugh out loud consistently. Those Walker Texas Ranger clips had me in stitches.

13. Scott Weinberg

(Thanks for the citation, DL!)

14. Scott Weinberg

(Thanks for the citation, DL!)

15. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

De Nada! I try to do that always. I'm not saying I don't miss a couple, because I do. But I think I get most of 'em!

16. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

De Nada! I try to do that always. I'm not saying I don't miss a couple, because I do. But I think I get most of 'em!

17. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I saw the 10th anniversary special and laughed so hard. My whole family was playing cards and cracking up while it was on. The Triumph DVD should be fun as well, hopefully there will be commentary, but I doubt it.

Ryan

18. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I saw the 10th anniversary special and laughed so hard. My whole family was playing cards and cracking up while it was on. The Triumph DVD should be fun as well, hopefully there will be commentary, but I doubt it.

Ryan

19. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

I doubt that I will get the 10th Anniversary DVD, but the Triumph DVD is a MUST. The "Star Wars Geeks" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I had taped it from a repeat of Conan one night but have since misplaced it and to have it on DVD will just be great!!!

Triumph to geek dressed as Darth Vader: "Which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?"

20. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

I doubt that I will get the 10th Anniversary DVD, but the Triumph DVD is a MUST. The "Star Wars Geeks" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I had taped it from a repeat of Conan one night but have since misplaced it and to have it on DVD will just be great!!!

Triumph to geek dressed as Darth Vader: "Which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?"