What's new

Who else is planning to make HD-DVD players? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I have a roomate that works for Walmart that told me he watched a training video on HD products and mentioned something about Walmart comitting to pushing HD players. He said they expected to have $250 HD-DVD players around next christmas.

If this is true and the price of HD players fall dramatically and HDTV's continue to get less exspensive. I would exspect to see more and alot more people buying HDTV's, HD players and HD software titles next christmas. You should see HD players under alot of trees next year, not to mention HD movies in alot of stockings as well. :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
But think!
Apart from the HDMI 1.3 (of which the direct benefits may be limited, BTW), would you really consider it an upgrade beforehand?

Cees

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Just going by the quality of gear Denon puts out in regaurds to audio/video. I think its a safe bet that the Denon would be superior to the Toshiba player. And with the Denon using HDMI 1.3 it should defenantly be better than the 1st generation HD-A1 player. I own the HD-A1 and it has performed very well and I am happy with it. But I would rather have a higher quality peice like a Denon to go with my future Sony VPL-VW50 1080p HD projector.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek

Dave,

I admire your skill at understatement...:) IMHO, Toshiba cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Denon! Personally, I would not be suprised if Denon (or one of the other big players) announced a hybrid player at CES...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I am glad you enjoy my understatements, Lord Vadar. ;)

I would have thought that there would be a HD player of some sort at 07 CES. But after getting a email from Denon stating they had nothing in the works for ether format anytime soon. I would be shocked beyond words if they actually show a prototype at CES this year!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks