What's new

Who else is excited about the Denon 2900? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Jack, I have asked that same question before. I am also wondering about that technology. As I have also known about the Faroudja DCDi technology and it is supposed to be the superior video processing. Anybody care to comment on this?

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
There's some good info regarding video processors on the Secrets website. From what I recall, they conclude that the SI and Faroudja chips are basically the best two on the market. They just do different things better and its up to you to make the decision of which will best fit your needs.

JackB

Grip
Thanks, I read that over. I have the Sharp 9000 projector with a deinterlacer built in, but if there is a better one, I'll take it. I understand sometimes one might be better in some situations, and not others.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
could someone post an example of the Denon GUI/OSD?

is it pretty (helpful) or UGLY?

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
finally... the waiting is over and i'm ready to upgrade my dvd player to a perfect mate for my Denon AVR 4802... anybody know how this unit compares to the Pioneer DV47ai?

I can get the 2900 for 899 and the Pioneer for 699... any thoughts or comments?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
JohnnyN,
If you do a search for the Pioneer DV47ai you will find a number of reviews and comparisons and by what I have read and heard, the Denon should blow it away. It looks to have very good video processing, no chroma bug problems and it has the Pure Progressive DVDO video processing engine, which is supposed to be as good if not better than Faroudja DCDi. The Pioneer has none of that. But it does have the chroma bug problems. And on the audio side of things the Denon is supposed to have superior audio playback. No noise on any sources and it is supposed to have bass mangement. Of course all this means nothing until somebody gets a chance to actually use this product first hand and see if all the hype is true. I am waiting for some reviews on this.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

Great. thanks for the feedback. My eyes aren't as good as my ears, but I'm going to purchase the DVD2900 within the next week and install it as soon as it comes in... I won't be much help in terms of reviewing the video playback aspects, but I'll provide a complete review of the audio portion... I'll keep ya'll posted.

Johnny

James St

Supporting Actor
FYI on the 2900:

Denon started shipping units to dealers last Thursday. Crutchfield has bumped up their date from 5/15 to 5/6. Good Guys has them in stock with 10% off and free shipping(UPS Ground).

Derek Leath

Auditioning
Manny, I thought I was the only one still using the DVP-S300.
Love this machine!
I just wish it would play my dvd -r's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.