What's new

Who else is catching up on getting games for the PS1, N64 and DC? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Just curious if anyone is having a field day picking up titles for these systems. I am seeing less and less N64 and DC games as the weeks go one and I really getting a "I need to catch up" feeling.

I just rebought Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue for the DC yesterday. Just last week I picked up Super Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64. I also bought the first two Oddworld titles, Tenchu Stealth Assasins and Syphon Filter for the PS1.

All together I didn't spend all too much cash as these are all bargain titles. I've still got a good bit of games that I need to get for all three of these systems which wont be on the shelves for too much longer (maybe except for the PS1). Anyone else going through "catch up" syndrome?

PS I really forgot how simply spectacular Skies of Arcadia is. I couldn't put the damn game down last night!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I just picked up Conker's Bad Fur day for the new advertised price of just $9.96 at Wal-Mart. This is pretty interesting since most other local retailers still sell it for $49.99 - $59.99.

Gary

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I am loving $10 Dreamcast games; I had had some idea of picking up an Xbox soon after New Years, but I think now that I'll wait until I either play through all the DC stuff or a good baseball game appears for it.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Up until the last week or so, been snapping up DC bargains where I can. Just this week, a mate finally got me Wipeout3SE for the PSX that I've been after a while.

*Hopefully* getting Beatmania + controller soon too... Gotta love those clearances.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Oh yeah. I have already played most of the PSX stuff that I want to, but as far as Dreamcast goes, I'm loving catching up! Just finished Rayman 2, just started Shenmue, and I'm itching to grab Skies of Arcadia (maybe tonight). Of course, I'm running out of time between picking up all these cheap DC games, as well as trying to keep abreast of the new PS2 ones.

Where's that are you getting overwhelmed thread...?

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Man Romier, I'll never catch up. There were just too many great games released this past year for me to go back. Luckily I played most of the great DC games to death. Don't miss Skies of Arcadia!

BTW: Outside of the "adult" content, I'd like some thoughts on how Conker stacks up as platformer. Is there anything to it besides the gimmick? How does it hold up against Mario and Banjo?

Kip

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If I don't get a game within a certain time after its release, I borrow it from a friend or just forget about it until I see it years later for $10 somewhere. I missed a lot of great PSX, N64, and DC games because of this, but I did get some actual free time to do things like shower, eat, use the bathroom, breath, look outside, and then return to playing games.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Allot of this stuff I'm buying to play later on. God knows I dont have the time to devote to all this stuff (I have as mentioned above added Skies to my rotation of "currently" playing games). As Morgan said we have life to attend too (who has time for that!!!:D).
I just want to get these games now and get them out of the way. I'm sure you SNES fans out there have seen the prices for titles like FF3 and Chrono Trigger on Ebay and such. I'm afraid if I don't get these games now I'll have to relegate myself to shopping for these on ebay in a few years paying hefty prices for them (not all of them but games like Zelda and Skies and maybe even Mario could command high prices later). I've made a resolution to not buy any new games for the new systems (well except for Deus Ex for the PS2) until the I have all the older games I need.
I've got a couple more N64 games that are "must haves". I want Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, and Doom 64 and I can call it quits for the Nintendo workhorse. I've got a good 8-9 dreamcast titles I want and at least 17 more Ps1 titles I need. My poor wallet!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
God bless further discounted Playstation Greatest Hits. I've gotten Silent Hill, and the Resident Evils for cheapo amounts.

When I recently bought a PS2 it gave me an opportunity to play all the PSOne games I never played since I didn't own a Playstation. I still have to go through the Final Fantasy series, MGS, Chrono Cross, etc. It's pretty fun since a lot of these games can be found in pawn shops fairly cheaply.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Brian (or anybody) - is Wip3out SE worth the £20? I've already got WipEout, WipEout 2097 (XL to US people), WipEout 64 and Wip3out, so I don't think I'm missing much, but the mere fact that I have all four (the first two in both PC and PS releases!) tells you I'm quite keen on the game.

And yes- I've got a lovely big pile of Dreamcast games now. Thanks to Brian for recommending my latest purchase of Re:Volt - its really rather cool for only five notes!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Brian (or anybody) - is Wip3out SE worth the £20?
I don't honestly know. It's basically costing me $20. As I skipped buying Wipeout 3, and I sold my PAL 2097 when I moved here, it will hopefully fill a hole in my life ;) I'm hoping the revamped original tracks spice it up nicely. As it was never released in North America, it makes a nice curiosity piece in my (Small) PSX collection too.
I'll let you know when it gets here & I've had a play.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks- I'll await the review then...

I suppose I could just buy it so I've got a complete set, actually - but that would mean hunting down a Saturn and WipEout for that as well as beefing up the Amiga far enough to play that version of 2097, so its not really practical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks