What's new

Who else here is a freak... (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They don't bother me enough to want to sit and pick them out of cases. If it is an easy removal, I do it: if not.....forget it.

What bugs me more than security tags is the security tape used to seal the cases. Lately, it seems the dolts are using tape with a stickier adhesive. Sometimes you have to pick and pick at the stuff just to raise a corner enough to get a grip on the tape. When you do get a grip it seems like the tape they are using is so thin and brittle it just shreds as you pull it. You are stuck picking at it again. What is worse is that they use the crap on all three edges of the case.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
yeah, when they are on all three edges, that sucks. i use a razor blade and slice down the middle of them and then peel away. some of them stuck so hard, it was messing up the plastic cover, really pissed me off. latest thing has been a few dvds had the cover sticking out of the plastic at the top by just a hair, and when the sticker comes off, it pulled a nice strip of the dvd cover off. thank god for dvdcoverart.com.

eric

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
I always remove them after I get them home. What I really hate are the ones that they place on the reverse of the clear double DVD "book type" special edition DVDs like Unbreakable and X-Men 1.5! :angry:

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator
Has nobody ever thought about the fact that the small amount of magnetism radiating from these stickers might accelerate the aging process of our precious DVDs ?
Huh, anyone ? :D :D
Am i the only paranoic one; who doesn't care about Aliens, when the enemy is already within the package :wink:?

The design aspect of it, that cases without them look better, just comes second to me.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom

Yeah, that would definitely be a profound fashion statement, say along the lines of Lizzy Gardiner, who did the costumes for The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert & wore a dress made entirely of American Express Gold Cards to the '95 Oscars.

Too bad that the clerks deactivate the tags or else a suit like that would probably blow out the theft system when you walked thru it!:D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
People actually DIG INSIDE THE BOWELS of a snapper to remove the totally-unnoticeable S.Tags???
I've dug inside the bowels of a snapper case. I was just curious what was hidden inside of there!

I don't remove those security tags from DVDs, because they don't really bug me.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Actually, you can have some fun with them. Take them off and go to the mall. "Accidently" bump into people and stick them to their clothes. Then you can watch the fun when they go through the secruity devices.

Well, I've never done that and probably won't. But it seems like fun.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I like to stick security tags to my nipples and run around the mall shirtless, screaming "GET 'EM OFF, GET 'EM OFF!"

Oh, like I'm the only one... Quit looking at me. I SAID QUIT LOOKING AT ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks