What's new

Who else here is a freak... (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I hate those things also, and remove them upon opening the package. I also hate it when they're stuck to cardboard, and I do pick them apart from time to time when I'm doing other things.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
When I first started buying DVD's, I didn't pay much attention to the fact that I was removing them every time I opened a DVD. Then one day, I went to watch a DVD I hadn't seen in a while and saw the security tag inside. It bugged me a great deal. I went through and checked all my DVD's to make sure I'd gotten them all. All except the snappers, that is. I just figured there weren't any in snappers because I'd never seen them. When I read a thread here that told how to take snappers apart to remove the security tags, I went right upstairs and did that to every single snapper in my collection. My wife thought I was nuts when she came in and saw me sitting there with a big pile of security tags, my pocket knife, and a whole bunch of DVD's. Now I just remove them as soon as I open the DVD.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I always remove them (and I damaged my Led Zeppelin case tring to pull it out from under the clear case). They are particularly hard to get out of DVDA audio cases.

But more than the tag, I hate peeling off all that plastic!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I am a little freaky about them too. Once I get the DVD home (or to work, or wherever) - I peel every last bit of plastic off the disc, pull out the security tab.

Some people always leave the plastic wrapper with the title (you know, the white label on the top) half-attached to the disc. I've picked up used discs with it still on there. Always bugs me. I like things neat and tidy. Off with all the sticky plastic, and the security thingie too! Next thing you know, they'll have a silica packet in there too!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I always remove them.
I find that using a hair dryer on high on them for about 5 - 10 seconds lets me remove them without leaving any residue behind.

So far, I think Warner is putting the in the worst place on the 2-disc digipak cases. Right one the spine just above the POPs on the cardboard! :thumbsdown:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
People actually DIG INSIDE THE BOWELS of a snapper to remove the totally-unnoticeable S.Tags???

Even *I*, in all my anal-ness, don't practice this obsession.

:laugh:

Eric Eash

Second Unit
it's great to see we are all indeed freaks. standing in front of my bookshelves removing those things for hours really got tiring, so i didn't even attempt the snappers. i will though:) another thing is, i consider my wifes dvds as not part of my collection, although she has a ton of "girly" dvds. but i still went through the trouble of trying to pull them out from behind her digipaks. what a pain in the ass! up next is about 50 snappers, i hate those bastards!!

eric

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
Mark Zimmer:
I always remove them too. Pisses me off when they stick them under the plastic in digipaks. I've found using a stamp tongs is handy for extracting those nuisance tags.
Never thought of using that to get the dang little irritations out, thanks :)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
When I read a thread here that told how to take snappers apart to remove the security tags, I went right upstairs and did that to every single snapper in my collection.
You're not alone. I have pulled apart every snapper I own to remove the security stickers. It's not like ayone can even see them, but it just bugs me that they're there!

What really bugs me are the ones under the clear plastic in the digipaks, especially when they cover some artwork! I much prefer it when the studios just put the little white insert page with a security device in the digipaks.

-Lyle J.P.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I only remove the ones on the plastic.
obvisouly don't ruin my digipacks....those devices already messed them up enough:angry:

And I just opened my Friends season5 boxset to find another one:angry: :angry: :angry: at least my fight club DVD I got today hasn't got one... I think...no it doesn't

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I take DVDs to dialysis with me to watch on my computer. If the tags are left intact they'll set off alarms if I go into a store to buy more stuff.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom

Oh yeah, you f**kin' bet! I used to work for a major bookstore chain & we'd do this sorta thing all the time with obnoxious & abusive customers AND with coworkers we disliked. Purses & pockets were the best targets. With one coworker we'd either drop it on his shoulder (the adhesive is pretty tacky so it'd stick without any pressure) or slide it into his pant cuff!

The best part was knowing that the victim would set off the alarms at any other stores using a similar theft syst!

I'd say that the best tools for removing the tags under the Digipak plastic would have to be something like the tool a jeweler uses to remove the back cover of a watch; thin & blunt. Also, art stores sell all kinds of paint knives like this, shouldn't be too hard to work it under the tag & pry it free gently.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Yes. It's nice to be treated like a criminal.
END QUOTE

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I walked past your house this morning and noticed you had your door locked.

:)

Misha

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Yaknow.. I think I'll start saving them and fashion a suit out of hundreds of them and walk into Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks