Who else cannot stand host on Dog eat Dog?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_Shifflett, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Brad_Shifflett

I like the show, but I find Brooke Burns to b annoying game show host. Something about her just annoys me. Maybe the lack of enthusiasm in her voice, lack of moving around like Jenny McCarthy in Singled Out. I dont know, what does everyone else think?

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I disagree, I think she is great.

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

i watched that show for 5 minutes.....a contestant was given the question....what is the largest nation in the americas.....the answer being canada......the contestant answered asia......then i stopped watching

4. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

I totally agree..
    There's just something about her that doesn't work as a gameshow host.

5. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Man that girl is fine!

I like watching her.

6. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

I agree, she's haaaaaat! But she needs to work on her delivery of her lines. She sounds robot-like. That should smooth out as she gets more time as host (I hope!).

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    To be honest with you, I can't stand the SHOW. You call that a gameshow? I call it crap with some T&A. (not that I have anything against T&A, but come on....)

8. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

9. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

She is hot, but the show is not

10. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"Colin Powell/Gerald Ford" Remember that the world didn't start until the 80s.[​IMG]
    Love all the bikini stuff. They always seems to get great looking woman.
    Brent

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

12. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

She so annoying at the end with reading back the answers. It takes forever for her to say if their correct or not. I CAN'T stand her. I don't see this show lasting.

13. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

The only reason to watch that show is the host is extremely hot and so are the female contestants. Its nothing but summertime filler.

14. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I also think she doesn't work as a host - the show needs someone who can really egg on, make fun of, and play off the contestants, someone like Adam Carolla or Jimmy Kimmel.

15. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I saw this show, the first 15 minutes, for the first time on Monday. She looks fine but is a dull host.

~T

16. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I've watched the show once or twice. I like the idea behind it but the actual show is mediocre. The hostess is very blah. She sounds and looks mechanical, stiff and ill at ease. She looks like she's trying very hard to host a TV show, rather than just hosting it and having a good time. She comes off very artificial when she tries to banter with the contestants. Her slang (of the "You go girl!" and "excellent!" sorts) sound like the cliched jokes about middle-aged white parents trying to talk like their high-school kids.

More simply, she looks uncomfortable in her own skin hosting the show. Has she hosted other programs or is this her first?

But the worst-host award goes to the guy on "Shipmates". He must be the producer's son because there's no way he got the job on his merits.

17. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I think this is her first hosting job. I'm sure her appearance as a celebrity contestant on Fear Factor was a big factor in her being hired. She certainly caught my eye on that show. If I remember, she wasn't that stiff on Fear Factor. You could be right about her trying too hard to be a host.

~T

18. JerryLA

JerryLA Stunt Coordinator

Nothing more than summer filling with excellent eye candy. They should just show shots of her occasionally throughout the show and not let her talk!
    Jerry

19. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

Ok I'm going putting on my flame suit because I actually like this show.

Every one is correct in that this is her first hosting job. I think she has improved since the first shows and is doing a pretty good job at this point, besides she is very easy on the eyes. (Just have a thing for tall, leggy blonds.)

It interesting that people have been mentioning the Powell show, that one just rerun this week. Side note, the ex Dallas Cowboy cheer leader who won that week was very easy on the eyes also.

In a previous thread I mentioned that the questions they ask are very easy and that has not changed since the first show. I'm just surprised that the Dog Pound does not win more often. I guess the pressure of the money just makes people go stupid when it counts the most. At least that is what I would like to believe.

20. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

If the title were shortened to "Who else cannot stand ... Dog eat Dog?" you have my full affirmative[​IMG]