What's new

Who don't I have on screen menu for denon 3802 while playing DVD? (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I currently have component cables going from the dvd player to the tv, and the coaxial for audio going to the denon 3802. To get on screen menu to adjust speaker volumes, etc...for the denon while watching a dvd, do I connect a standard composite cable from the dvd to the denon?

*** Damn I had the JVC sa70BK set to progressive scan still. I switched it off and now I get on screen menu and a legible picture.

I assume once I set the speaker levels with AVIA there is no need to have BOTH the composite video and component hooked up simultaneously?

MarkPayton

Stunt Coordinator
John, I have the 3801, and if the video processing is the same, the on-screen menu is output to the TV only via the composite or s-video outputs (don't ask me why). So what I have done is connected all 3 to my tv: composite for my el-cheapo VCR, s-video for satellite (and eventually an upgraded vcr), and component direct from my dvd player.

Then when I am watching a movie, if I wish to do something involving the on-screen menu, I just pause the movie, switch to one of the non-component inputs on the tv, do my tweaks, and then switch back to the component input. It would certainly make life easier if Denon would send the onscreen display via component, I agree...

MarkPayton

Stunt Coordinator
Oh and yes, once you have your calibrations done, you can disconnect the composite cable. But if you're like me (and just a few others on this forum I suspect ;)), you might be tempted to tweak the audio from time to time - so you may want to just leave the cable there...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can't see it because it is hooked up via two different display selections (two different physical inputs). You can only display from ONE source at a time.

I find PIP to work quite well for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks