Who do I contact regarding getting a new box?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Wesley, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Howdy all... My wife recently picked up Friends season 1 at Target. Been quite pleased with the discs themselves. One thing, however (because maybe I care too much about such things), is that the outside slipcase box (that the DVD holder thingys slide into) has slight box damage. My wife missed this, I guess, when she bought it (not blameing her, however! [​IMG] ), and since the shrinkwrap was removed, Target obviously wouldn't take it back.
    Do you think it's possible to contact Warner asking for a replacement outer box for this set? If so, who do I need to contact for such a thing?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I had a problem with my first three X-Files seasons and tried unsuccessfully everywhere, including the studio, to get it replaced. I had zero luck.

Try returning the set as "defective" to Target. Say you had a problem playing it and maybe they'll replace it. They might pull off the shrink wrap, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I couldn't do that since my wife's new kitten (now cat) climbedup on my DVDs shelves and pee-peed on them.

3. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Chad, thanks for the story... sorry you've had bad luck. That doesn't bode well. Anyone else have some hopeful news? [​IMG]
    The only contact info I've come across (and am thinking of trying) is...

4. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

I felt a bit guilty about it, but I've done what Chad suggests, as well. I would never suggest that you lie, but if you return it, say it has a problem and leave it at that, there's a good chance they won't even ask for specifics.

Hint: go when they're busy. Good luck!

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    My 2-year-old cousin (or it might have been the dog, my aunt & uncle aren't sure!) trashed the insert and outer box art of my Little Mermaid disc. I called Disney's customer service line and they very kindly sent me a replacement box and insert card right away, at no charge. (They also kindly recorded my request that future titles be OAR. . .)

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I don't know if this would work or not. To get replacement Warner snappers in the past I've emailed [email protected]
    I don't know if Ivy Hill is responsible for Warner box set packaging or not (I would assume so since they're owned by Warner), but it might be worth a try.