What's new

Who do I contact regarding getting a new box? (1 Viewer)

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Howdy all... My wife recently picked up Friends season 1 at Target. Been quite pleased with the discs themselves. One thing, however (because maybe I care too much about such things), is that the outside slipcase box (that the DVD holder thingys slide into) has slight box damage. My wife missed this, I guess, when she bought it (not blameing her, however! :) ), and since the shrinkwrap was removed, Target obviously wouldn't take it back.
Do you think it's possible to contact Warner asking for a replacement outer box for this set? If so, who do I need to contact for such a thing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I had a problem with my first three X-Files seasons and tried unsuccessfully everywhere, including the studio, to get it replaced. I had zero luck.

Try returning the set as "defective" to Target. Say you had a problem playing it and maybe they'll replace it. They might pull off the shrink wrap, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I couldn't do that since my wife's new kitten (now cat) climbedup on my DVDs shelves and pee-peed on them.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Chad, thanks for the story... sorry you've had bad luck. That doesn't bode well. Anyone else have some hopeful news? :)
The only contact info I've come across (and am thinking of trying) is...
Contacting the Customer Service Department
You can reach customer service by e-mail, telephone or regular mail. Our representatives are available to answer your phone calls between the hours of 8:00 AM and Midnight Monday through Friday, Saturday from 8:30am to 7:00pm, and Sunday from 10:30am to 7:00pm, Eastern Standard Time (except holidays).
E-mail address: [email protected].
Phone Number: (800) 364-6928
Regular Mail:
AOL Time Warner Order Center/WHV
P.O. Box 30620
Tampa, FL 33630-0620

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I felt a bit guilty about it, but I've done what Chad suggests, as well. I would never suggest that you lie, but if you return it, say it has a problem and leave it at that, there's a good chance they won't even ask for specifics.

Hint: go when they're busy. Good luck!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My 2-year-old cousin (or it might have been the dog, my aunt & uncle aren't sure!) trashed the insert and outer box art of my Little Mermaid disc. I called Disney's customer service line and they very kindly sent me a replacement box and insert card right away, at no charge. (They also kindly recorded my request that future titles be OAR. . .)

Brian E

Screenwriter
I don't know if this would work or not. To get replacement Warner snappers in the past I've emailed [email protected]
I don't know if Ivy Hill is responsible for Warner box set packaging or not (I would assume so since they're owned by Warner), but it might be worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks