What's new

Who competes with accessories4less.com? (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
The name is something like audiovideo. I ordered a $9 optical cable and the priced doubled when shipping was added...unreal!

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Drew, you can't ship a thimble or a partridge without a pear tree for less than 5-7 bucks insured. Sounds like maybe they had a packing and handling charge of 2-4 bucks for this one. But then again, shipping is zone based with USPS now as well. Shipping across the US costs much more than neighboring states, and it's by weight. Anything over 1 pound goes up exponentially. So, if they are in CA, and your in SC, (hypothetical example), it's very possible the shipping is close to actual cost. After all, even without zone costs, there's packaging materials, and packing labor.

Shipping charges went up this fall at USPS, and I think UPS and Fed X are going up soon as well. Unfortunately, shipping is no different than everything else in our lives. It just get's higher and higher.

Lex

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
might be a good idea in the future to consider consolidating a variety of purchases at the same time to spread the s/h over a variety of items. for example one might've ordered contact cleaner, spare spades or bananas, speaker wire, etc which might've made that s/h charge a bit more bearable. otherwise for single items, one might just make out better locally.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
try avconnect.com they were similar to accessories4less. I think they charged a little more but you received a retail package vs accessories4less sent the cable in a plastic bag (oem?). I may have these 2 reversed those, though... You'll have to check if shipping is any less, but it definitely pays to buy more than 1 item per order.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shipping charges are ridiculous these days. No doubt about it. Music Direct has a minimum shipping charge of $5, which is ludicrous. I wanted to order a $15 SACD and passed due to the $5 shipping charge. I won't force myself to buy more to make the shipping charge seem more reasonable. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Aha...Avconnect! That's the one I couldn't remember! I've ordered from them a few years ago and was pretty pleased with the service. I'll also check out parts express. Thanks for the tips guys!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Shipping charges are ridiculous these days. No doubt about it. Music Direct has a minimum shipping charge of $5, which is ludicrous. I wanted to order a $15 SACD and passed due to the $5 shipping charge. I won't force myself to buy more to make the shipping charge seem more reasonable.
Just wait until the shipping charge increases hit. Jan 6th, 2003, FedEx rates increase by approximately 3.5%. UPS' increase in rates is very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks