What's new

Who can build me an HTPC in Metro-Detroit for my SE-13HD LCD Projector??? (1 Viewer)

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
I currently own a JVC FA-XV-90BK progressive scan DVD/DVD-Audio 7 disc changer and am sending that signal to my new Studio Experience SE13-HD LCD Projector. I am shooting this picture on a 52" x 92" (106"diagonal) Da-Lite Da-Mat High Contrast screen. This picture is currently stunning and I can't imagine much better. First time visitors are unable to leave for at least 20-30 minutes.

This projector is capable of 1366 x 768 (I think this is right)

Will using an HTPC improve my PQ significantly?? If so, who in Metro-Detroit can I go to that is capable of custom building an HTPC for me that meets my needs? I keep hearing about "pixel perfection" and now I am on a mission to see it for my own eyes. If using an HTPC, are they capable of outputting both a DD and DTS audio signal? I would appreciate someone giving me some basic needs I should satisfy as well as what I should expect to spend?

Thanks much!

Brett

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I can't answer your question Brett, but I live just down the street from you and I'd love to see your setup. It makes my HT sound pathetic in comparison! ;)

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I'm not entirely certain but the projector you're describing sounds like an OEM:d Sanyo PLV-60. I think that one has a pretty good line doubler built in already. A HTPC would probably give an improvement but I wonder if it would be as dramatic as it would be on gear with lesser line doubling.
I may be wrong about the built in doubler/scaler of course in which case a HTPC would do more for you.
You might want to go to http://www.avsforum.com and head over to the HTPC area there, though. Nothing wrong with this forum but there are some real tech-heads over there who can no doubt give a really good answer to this question.
As for building a PC... how about you yourself? :) It's rather easy to do and quite satisfying to know you've put the thing together with your own hands. Anyone with a working brain, a screwdriver and the ability to connect wires can build a PC from parts, really.
The issue is just what parts to get, and that I know you can find out at AVSForum - there is a thread there about best-in-class HTPC components that's quite long.
But of course, if you prefer someone else to build a machine for you I hope someone who's actually living in the US can give you some info on that!

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Wow! 2 people from Canton. I grew up in Canton. Live about an hour away now. As far as your search I second the recommendation for AVSForum.

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Kimmo- In fact the SE-13HD is a Sanyo PLV-60 clone manufactured by Boxlight but all my research said Studio Experience offered the best overall package including, sales, 24 hour tech support and an excellent return policy. My experience has far exceeded my expectations as far as an internet purchase goes!! And this baby wasn't cheap.
Rob- send me a PM or email at [email protected] and maybe I can arrange a demo/tour....I just finished my basement HT and did most of the work myself. I started Labor Day 2001 and finished about 1/24/02.
Mark, Get this-----I grew up in Northville, MI and went to college in Adrian, MI at Siena Heights University (formerly college). I was a pitcher on a scholarship for the baseball team, otherwise I would have went to college somewhere closer to civilization----No offense...lot's of great memories there and many that I don't remember also!!!
Man, I'm a city boy and couldn't get out of Adrian fast enough. I thought corn came from Nebraska!!! :D
Brett

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Mark, Get this-----I grew up in Northville, MI and went to college in Adrian, MI at Siena Heights University (formerly college). I was a pitcher on a scholarship for the baseball team, otherwise I would have went to college somewhere closer to civilization----No offense...lot's of great memories there and many that I don't remember also!!!
LOL!!! Come on Brett, give Adrian some slack :D I went to Siena Heights, when it was still a college, then moved on to Eastern Michigan. Somehow I ended up back in Adrian. Ann Arbor is a quick drive when I need some civilization or a decent beer. I'm hooked on the lakes, just can't seem to leave this area.

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, small world! I went to Siena from 1987-1990 and it was still SHC (not SHU yet).

I lived my last year and a half in a rental home right on Sand Lake within a mile of the Michigan International Speedway.....Needless to say I got to fish a lot and have some nice big bonfire parties with the Siena Coeds!!!!

Anyway, now that I'm a little older I appreciate that area a lot more so please realize I am just having fun with you. It's a good thing those Irish Hills can't talk!!!

Take care, Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks