What's new

Who are your favorite SNL performers, past and present? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I was initally going to do this as a tournament, but I think it would possibly provoke more discussion as an open question. Instead of me listing all the previous (and current) cast members, try to remember some of the 'smaller' SNL comedians that you enjoyed - in addition to the big guns we all know and love. (Plus we can always do a tourney later.) :)
Although I could list three dozen of them that I really loved, that wouldn't leave many left over for you guys to choose from. I'd also be curious to see who your favorite guest host was and why.
My list of all-time SNL favorites would be:
Bill Murray
Eddie Murphy
Dana Carvey
Will Ferrell
Gilda Radner
Favorite Guest Host: Steve Martin. Doesn't matter which appearance. He's the king.
Also, which "era" of SNL was your favorite. I was a young kid when the "original" Not-Ready-for-Prime-Time Players were on the air, but I really grew up on the "Eddie Murphy" era of SNL. (Notice how I left out any extraneous NAMES?)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
favorite 'era' was from around 1988 thru 1997. up until Norm MacDonald left it was pretty good. (so Dana Carvey thru Norm.)

favorite comedians:

Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, Norm MacDonald, Steve Martin, Kevin Nealon, Eddie Murphey, and Tim Meadows. all great!

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Top 3 male
John Belushi
Bill Murray
Dan Aykroyd
Top 3 Female
Gilda Radner
Molly Shannon
Lorraine Newman
You can tell I really like the original cast. :)

Cary T

Screenwriter
How about this for a tournament someday? Favorite SNL character, i.e. the Church Lady, Ladies Man, Opera Man, etc.

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Chris Farley, Will Ferrel, Jimmy Fallon, David SPade, Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Adam Sandler,Bill Murray, Tracy Morgan, Eddie Murphy, Norm McDonald, and Kevin Nealon...
Sheri Oteri's my favorite girl, but I can't remember any of the other one's names.
Favorite Era: Carvey, Meyers, Nealon, Farley...
Favorite Character: Matt Foley
Favorite Skit: Will Ferrel as the guy in the Blue Oyster Cult that played the cowbell. (laughin about it right now)
Later

RicP

Screenwriter
Molly Shannon and I workout at the same gym. I see her all the time, we've even taken "breaks" together.
Water breaks you gutter heads...
If she wins maybe I'll tell her about this thread the next time I see her. :)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Will Ferrel

Dana Carvey

Phil Hartman

I started watching reruns of the Carvey/Myers/Hartman era at the same time I started watching new episodes in the Ferrel/Hammond/Oteri era. (Get that?) Although I also love John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, and Bill Murray.

Ches, I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cow bell!

P.S. No offense, but I think Molly Shannon can be really annoying and I am not a fan of Mary Katherine Gallagher or Sally O'Malley or when she came on Weekend Update (I think with Colin Quinn) and did a segment on being "crazy".

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,
I am glad you remembered, man. Everytime I ask if anyone has seen that skit they just shake their heads "no". And I completely agree aobut Molly Shannon. I HATE Mary Katherine skits, and I really hate the skits where she goes "I love it, I love it, I love it....". Its just not funny.
Later

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Dan Ackroyd - Baldar, Weekend Update Co-Anchor with that incredibly dumb slut Jane, Bass-O-Matic Salesman, Elwood, Czech Playboy,

Garrett Morris - Chico Esquella

Bill Murray

Gilda Radner - Rosanne Rosanadana, Babwa WaWa,

Dana Carvey - Church Lady, Ross Perot, G. Bush Sr. Garth,

Chris Farley - Matt Foley

Mike Myers - Wayne, Linda Richmond

Julia Sweeney - Pat,

David Spade - Anytime he was a sidekick to Chris Farley

Rob Schneider -

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
As I am only 21, I have not watched much of the older SNLs. But I would say that Will Ferrel is my current favorite actor. This guy is just amazing. I especially love his George W. Bush impersonations/skits! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bill Murray.
I feel so strongly about this I'm surprised there are any other answers! ;)
"Star Waaaars! Nothing but Star Waaaaars! Nothing but Star Waaaaars, smilin' at me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks