Who are Watchtower four from Ali Soundtrack???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanaA, May 1, 2002.

1. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Just watching the DVD and wanted to get an Al Green CD with him singing Sam Cooke's classic, "A Change is Gonna Come" and the group that does Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower", identified as Watchtower Four. I went to both Amazon and did a Google search to find a CD by this group, but found nothing. Sounded like it was Hendrix himself on the soundtrack of Ali. Anyone have the inside scoop. Is there really a group Watchtower Four?

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I assume it is a hip-hop collaboration with sampled elements as the producer, Ray Murray is only credited with previous hip-hop releases.

Have you listened to the whole track? Are the vocals sung like bob/jimmy versions- or is it a rap remake?

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

All I heard is what played during the film. It sounded like Hendrix was playing the guitar, but it wasn't the same version as Electric Ladyland. I guess I'll go to Amazon or somewhere else to see if there is more to here, but, I fear, if it's just the usual sampling of music, I'll still be confused. Thanks for the insight on the producer though. That helps.