What's new

Who Are The Worst Actors In TV History (4 Viewers)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I have a friend who met Shatner(not at a sci-fi convention) and said he is a real nice down to earth guy. I give the guy kudos for swallowing his pride and becoming basically a parody of himself. He know his limits and goes with the flow when people make fun of him.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Frank Soyke said:
I have a friend who met Shatner(not at a sci-fi convention) and said he is a real nice down to earth guy. I give the guy kudos for swallowing his pride and becoming basically a parody of himself. He know his limits and goes with the flow when people make fun of him.
Leonard Nimoy and DeForrest Kelley got on with him well enough, as did Nichols during the original series run, it was only a few of the cast who apparently were not that taken with him and kicked up a fuss, there is always two sides to every story, three if you count the truth.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
DaveHof2 said:
People are passionate about their TV shows here - if they weren't they wouldn't spend so much time posting about them. I've had several "You're a moron" gut reactions to some of the names cited in this thread, but I understand that doesn't advance the discussion, so I have swallowed them. And for the record, my nominations for 'worst' status are Sasha Mitchell and Maxwell Caulfield.

I have my own issues with this site, which have gotten a little worse as of late. Specifying them might jeopardize my account so I'll leave it at that.
I don't know if the mods are seeing all of this happening. They probably make an effort to read every new post, but that has to be a dizzying task. I have seen them stepping in numerous times to temper a quarrel. They rarely miss political or religious references, but it can't be easy to catch all of the denigration, hostility and, probably more challenging for them, the more subtle sarcasm that can offend another member. I know that on other forum sites it can get really nasty and mean-spirited, where it seems to be acceptable. This forum even now is much more civil than most (if not all) the others, but it is really incumbent upon all of us members to not mess it up for the rest.

If it seems to us as though the forum is going "downhill," remember that the forum is us. If you feel another member is behaving inappropriately, report him/her, rather than get into a verbal shooting match. The mods will do the job they are here to do, and we can move on.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dick said:
I don't know if the mods are seeing all of this happening. They probably make an effort to read every new post, but that has to be a dizzying task. I have seen them stepping in numerous times to temper a quarrel. They rarely miss political or religious references, but it can't be easy to catch all of the denigration, hostility and, probably more challenging for them, the more subtle sarcasm that can offend another member. I know that on other forum sites it can get really nasty and mean-spirited, where it seems to be acceptable. This forum even now is much more civil than most (if not all) the others, but it is really incumbent upon all of us members to not mess it up for the rest.

If it seems to us as though the forum is going "downhill," remember that the forum is us. If you feel another member is behaving inappropriately, report him/her, rather than get into a verbal shooting match. The mods will do the job they are here to do, and we can move on.
Mike Frezon said:
This is not rocket science guys.

A topic such as this WILL inevitably bring out negative opinions which will run contrary to others opinions and--whammo--people get pissy.

If you guys think the negative tone of this board is bad...1.) you need to get out more and see what passes as civil discourse on other forums...and 2.) you can do your part to make a difference and turn the discussion here to positive things.
Dick: Well said. All it takes is a report and we will be sure to see it. What our actions might be is up to us--and we do the best we can. We want civil discourse, but we also want people to be able to render contrary opinions. What falls in-between is not always black and white.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
mannix said:
john cryer ,two and a half men
conchata Ferrell, two and a half men
angus t jones, two and a half men
Are you certain you're not confusing bad writing with bad acting? In Cryer's case particularly, his character has undergone such a radical transformation that it's basically devolved into parody. He was a fairly "normal" (if neurotic) person in the first season and is the last few years has devolved into "the world's biggest mooch and most annoying roommate". I find the current incarnation of his character incredibly tedious and annoying in the extreme, but I don't really blame Cryer so much for that as the writers. It must be a big buttload of money they're paying him not to walk away while he has even a shred of self-respect left.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
Frank Soyke said:
Wow, and you guys think I'm a hater? Although I disagree with some of these, I can make peace with most of them,,,, but Tony Randall.. Are you serious???
yes I am

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Katee Sackhoff, Battlestar Galactica. Her performance is just really, really unlearned and distractingly bad.

Tooncy

Second Unit
I will add, most of the cast of "Dynasty". Especially Emma Samms, the second Fallon. She could barely disguise her accent, and they hired her anyway. She was definitely no Pamela Sue Martin.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Donna Reed as Ms. Ellie on Dallas! I generally would vote her a great actor but she couldn't fill Barbara Bel Geddes' shoes. ;)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Frank Soyke said:
Wow, and you guys think I'm a hater? Although I disagree with some of these, I can make peace with most of them,,,, but Tony Randall.. Are you serious???
I'm surprised, too. I think Tony Randall is one of the best farceurs ever.
Tooncy said:
I will add, most of the cast of "Dynasty". Especially Emma Samms, the second Fallon. She could barely disguise her accent, and they hired her anyway. She was definitely no Pamela Sue Martin.
Absolutely! Dynasty was a guilty pleasure of mine for a while back in the day, but most of the cast couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. But Emma Samms really took the cake. Just dreadful.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Frank Soyke said:
I have a friend who met Shatner(not at a sci-fi convention) and said he is a real nice down to earth guy.
He's on his best behavior at conventions! You should see him when he sweeps into a restaurant in Studio City. You'd think the president had arrived!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i have read too much about him to have any thought that he is a humble or nice person.

the ones who really ragged on him in star trek were the female guests who had to play love roles with him - several of them stated he was one of the most selfish actors they had ever met.

it is not like it is something unusual to see some hollywood celebrity let fame go to his head !!

i seriously wonder how he and heather locklear got along. she is a real prima donna.

talk about a couple of egos.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
As for bad acting in an otherwise good ensemble, Harmony Cramp, the original Cecily King on Road to Avonlea, takes the cake; the other kids (and adults) were good, but she was as stiff as a post and her line readings were horrible. That may be why the writers/producers
gave the character TB and sent her off to a sanitarium
: to replace her with a much better actress. Why limit this to American actors?

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Dang, people!!! What a hate filled thread this is!!

Sure there are some bad actors out there over the years but it's all subjective, really.

Adam West was limited on BATMAN by the style of the show. I never realized he had more to him as an actor until I saw him in guest spots in earlier TV series.

That's just one quick example I could think of. But the same could be said for a lot of the actors listed here.

Wow...... what a thread......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks