1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Who among us has seen The Beatles in person?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jack Briggs, Feb 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Like everyone on planet Earth, I know Wikipedia is not 100% reliable but if you can show me a more reliable list, please post a link. That would much more valuable than nitpicking someone else (especially when you don't know that that list isn't 100% perfect).

2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    And that it's a rather generic, highly predictable, rom-com at that. I wanted more attention paid to the "alternate universe where The Beatles were never known" and the impact of the music on that universe. It's the "B" story, and a major part, but the "B" story nonetheless. It, too, was rather predictable in many areas.

3. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    Same here. I do try to verify most of the information - just depends on how critical it is. For stuff like the number of Beatles concerts I go with "It's good enough."

jcroy and TravisR like this.
  4. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    For sure.

If I feel the need to verify some of the information on a wikipedia article, I'll do some more googling for possible primary sources of references. The hard part is figuring out whether the primary sources are reliable or not.

For example in the case of Beatles and Lennon specific stuff, how reliable is the word of Elliot Mintz ?

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

That's because we weren't using the Geritol much back when we got it, Jack. Not as many old guys on the admin team back then as there are now (present company included).

Plus, it was hidden behind all the bottles of aspirin we had stockpiled in the cabinet.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Geritol in proper perspective....