whitevan speaker guy gave my friend a ride

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Stein, Oct 4, 2002.

1. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

not necessarily a thread directly about speakers but...
    my friend was waiting for another bus as he just missed the one he meant to take. some guy came up and asked for some change so he could call his boss and he looked genuine so he gave him the change and the guy called his boss. so the guy thanked him afterwards and they talked for a couple minutes, when he found out that my friend was waiting for the bus he offered him a ride (whihc he accepted). turns out the guy was one of those white van speaker guys, who would have thought?
    moral of the story: those guy arent all bad, just dont buy speakers from them [​IMG]

2. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

It was nice that he did that for your friend. Nonetheless, if he operates like others of his ilk, he knowingly lies to people and knowingly rips them off. I'd say that's pretty horrible.

By the way, please don't take this at all as being negative of your post. Actually, I was impressed with your friend for helping out a stranger, the stranger for giving your friend a lift, and you for wanting to say something nice. I just can't stand it when I hear of people here and elsewhere who've been taken by this immoral scam.

3. AaronArmstrong

AaronArmstrong Stunt Coordinator

Would someone care to elaborate on
    on whitevan speaker guy?
    Whats the story?

Aaron

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Aaron,
    Here's a primer. If you want more, just do a "white van" search under speakers and you'll find oodles of threads.
    Click here Aaron

5. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

hahahahahahahahahahaha well i was a "white van" guy myself. ok only for 2 days. I couldn't see myself selling very inferior products to suposedly ignorant people. when I did it, it wasnt for a surround setup, just a pair of mains. wow, these guys had a warehouse full of this stuff. they had picture books of famous people they had sold to and everything. i was very short on cash so I thought Id try it. first day, I went out with the boss. sold every speaker anmd I thought, well hell, that was easy. second day, I went out with another rookie, and got the cops called oon us. they swarmed around us in a parking lot and gave us all kinds of crap. well I didnt go back the next day. as far as the speakers, yeah, they were very crappy.

geno