What's new

White Van Speaker Scams (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Seth, maybe all you need is some new RAM. I'm using a 384 Meg/ 500 MHz G3, and this webpage loads fine. Perhaps I'm simply inured to it.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I may need more RAM and the page loads OK, but it is annoying waiting on the pictures. Though now it doesn't matter, we have made it to the third page, yea.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I just went through a scam today. Some guy had an extravegant story about his problems and began to cry. He wanted to go to Tire Barn to meet someone, and I figured since we would be in high flow traffic that this guy wasn't going to try anything, none the less, I should not have let him in my car. I made a big mistake there, I know. So I took the guy there and then he asked for help. And I was thinking crap, he wants money, luckily I don't have much. I really wanted him out of my car at this point so I gave him a ten. That got him out of the car, deffinitly wish I wouldn't have picked him up though, NEVER AGAIN, unless it is a drop dead beautiful woman.:D

Luna5

Agent
Real Name
Bob Buettner
Seth=L said:
I just went through a scam today. Some guy had an extravegant story about his problems and began to cry. He wanted to go to Tire Barn to meet someone, and I figured since we would be in high flow traffic that this guy wasn't going to try anything, none the less, I should not have let him in my car. I made a big mistake there, I know. So I took the guy there and then he asked for help. And I was thinking crap, he wants money, luckily I don't have much. I really wanted him out of my car at this point so I gave him a ten. That got him out of the car, deffinitly wish I wouldn't have picked him up though, NEVER AGAIN, unless it is a drop dead beautiful woman.:D
That would cost you at least a fifty! :laugh:

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
My standards are to high, maybe $100 or maybe even more. I can't resist a pretty face.:D

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Another scam located: SDAT, I am going to call it Super Dumb Audio Theme.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
These remind me of a song
Stonehenge, where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well
Stonehenge
Where a man is a man and the children dance to
the pipes of pan
Stonehenge
Tis a magic place where the moon doth rise
With a dragon's face
Stonehenge
Where the virgins lie
And the prayer of devils fill the midnight sky
And you my love, won't you take my hand
We'll go back in time to that mystic land
Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow
I will take you there
I will show you how

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Pardon my ignorance, but I am not making the connection. Remember I am only but a poor, unknowledgable college student.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I haven't seen that, no.
Are you speaking of these dimensions
Dimensions mm 48 x 18 x 12 (H W D)
Millimeters? and that is supposed to be a 6.5 inch driver, huh?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
JeremyErwin said:
It's a classic. At one point in the movie, the band confuses inches and feet, and a diminutive model of stonehenge is the result.
Sounds like a weird movie, which is my kind of movie.
I decided to add the Technical Pro or what ever that was.

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
I decided to do a little research oon some of the mentioned companies and lo and behold there is this http://www.scamshield.com/Help.asp?id=4 which lists the distributors and such. I decided to compare websites and specs with reputable ID speakers and some main stream brands like Paradigm and Infinity. Most of the sites are very poorly laid out, lots of spelling mistakes, mis/dis/information and lots of holes in the specs. Here is one thing I did notice is that Fluance and Streem which I think are two of the higher brands out of them all have some decent specs. Of course who knows what they sound like but thier specs are similar to Axiom, SVS, Ascend and others. I will say that Fluance's site is pretty poor in its layout and its spelling leaves me scratching my head while Streem's specs, site, etc. leaves me wondering how much "white van" they are. Streems prices also aren't outrageously low like alot of them are but who knows...sound is everything.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Thank you for that link, there were some at the end that I was missing. As for Streem, they have their stuff listed right with the other scams with the same distributers that make outrageous claims. I am pretty sure they are white van, but I will dig deeper to be sure.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Well "Black Friday" is coming, the scammers will soon be out in full force. That should be very entertaining.:)
Another was found, "Elite Audio". They are another one of Theater Research's second names.

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
I figured out what Bose actually means after all these years...
BOSE actually means:
Everyone
Scammed is
Our
Buddy....
Bose spelled backwards is Satan talking to you. Don't buy speakers from Satan. Your ears will go to hell. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
What did you do with the Sanyo 20", it seems I have one in my house now. I am not certain were it came from....Huh.:D

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
I got a 30" HDTV Sammy... and I got the Elite for a 20" Sanyo :D :D LOL
I gotta clean the lens... it seems to like to skip for unknown reasons....

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
If there's the slightest concern about any statements in the original post here being libelous in nature, simply change the wording to say "These are the names of the alleged scammers". This way, it's not legally considered a statement of fact, but the reputation of HTF as being a place for trustworthy advice will back the content of the post.
The best rule of thumb here seems to be, NEVER buy from someone you don't know, and have no legal recourse against if you get taken for a ride. On eBay, use Paypal. Even if their speakers have a legitimate brand name on the box, don't fall for this. If you feel intimidated, carry some mode of protection. Or, perhaps, find somewhere else to shop that isn't frequented by these thugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks