What's new

White trash Christmas... (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Other than the bold statement white trash (which I have never heard anybody complain about) has anybody noticed that commercials, if they want to make someone look like an idiot, will always use a man and he will probably be white.

Still, theres no complaining. Strange. Its almost like its expected and we "deserve it". If it were a woman being mocked the fems would have an uproar and all hell would break loose just as, I'm sure, human rights would label it discrimatory if it was a visible minority. But never with whites.
------------------------------------------------------------

I find it interesting that certain aspects of this paragraph are manifesting themselves in this thread. It seems to be okay to continue a thread that explores the linguistic roots of the term "white trash" because the discussion is about the perceived "dominant" power group. If a thread was initially opened to showcase a "humorous" mediaclip and devolved into a discussion of the linguistic roots of the racist terms "n-----" or "s----" or "b-----", there would be a lock applied so fast nobody would have the chance to post "IBTL". The only reason I can see for this one to remain open is because it is about a "dominant" group.

White heterosexual males are the last group that's it's politicaly correct to mock. For instance, I too have noticed that in a lot of commercials when you have a group of people it's almost always the white male who is made to look the fool. As Dennis Miller once said- "I'm a white, anglo male. Women think I'm horny and oafish, blacks think I'm physically inferior and repressive, and asians think I'm stupid. You think you've got an axe to grind? I'm fuckin' Paul Bunyon!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks