What's new

white to black surrounds (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
A while back I purchased a pair of the Klipsch KSP-S6 surrounds in white because I was using them in a living room home theater. Since then, I have bought a house and have almost completed my dedicated home theater room. The problem is I now need them black.

I was wondering If it would be safe to spray paint the cabinets black? They seem to be made of mdf...Do the front metal grills come off?

I also need to do this with my pair of Klipsch KSP-S3 also. And was going to replace the white speaker fabric with the partsexpress.com black speaker cloth...

Are there any issues I should be aware of? What type of spray paint should I use flat, satin, etc??

Looking to do this over the long weekend, so immediate input is welcomed.

Thanks in advance...

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I did exactly this with my M&K tripoles.

I'd recommend taking everything out of the cabinet- speakers, crossovers, etc. It's usually pretty simple, just undo the screws. Make sure to note how the crossover is wired to the speakers also.

I used the black speaker cloth fabric from radio shack. No problems at all with it.

I used a flat black paint and used a spray gun to get an even finish. Some speakers have a textured finish and I beleive you can get something to add to the paint to get that effect if you wanted it. Spray paint would work fine also, it's just harder to get a smooth finish.

Mine came out great and it would be very hard to tell they have been painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks